Chapter 42: Growing

3rd POV:

Months and maybe a year pass by. Everyone hung out together as natural. Rikona explores and recalls her childhood in Japan. Kiwa learns to get along with others and no longers become lonely as everyone heals her heart. Evelyn loves her new life in Japan with Bennett and appreciates that she has friends behind her back as she no longer cries alone. Everyone was happy with each other as they grow up together.

However, could they still remain as friends?

Ryuuichi battled his feelings for Rikona as he tries to hide it. Yuki, the innocent girl, noticed it first. Heartbroken, she stops feeling love to him as she begins to see him as a friend. Bury her feelings deep inside her heart, only to remain and die out. Maria comforts her, still unaware of her crush on Ryuuichi. She no longer has those feelings and only sees him as a brother after knowing him for a long time. Hayato's feelings grow stronger as he rejects it even more. Feeling rage against Rikona for no reason, he keeps it contained inside knowing that she did nothing.

Will everyone be able to stay together?

Chuuikichi still working and being the same old person. Perfect in every way, but still in debt to Rikona as she saves him and his family from suffering. All he could do is stay by her side. Tomoya, the happy and cheery guy finally gets to play with the kids without any problem. It was worrisome at first, but soon he was permitted without any trouble from Rikona and Chuukichi. He would watch over Bennett more often than the others. He saw what Evelyn has suffered through and wanted to help as a friend. But failed as she no longer wants to mention the past, still feeling guilt from her actions toward Rikona.

The kids have grown up and rarely go to the daycare now. For, they have gone to preschool. Kirin, Kazuma, Takuma, Taka, and Kotaro begin going to Morinomiya preschool. However, for Junko, she went to a prep school because of her gifted talent. Although, they barely spend some time together. They're still friends and meet through free-time. While Midori and Bennett stayed in the daycare, still growing as new kids come to the daycare.

*TIME SKIP* - Final Year -

~ Evelyn POV ~

I was in the daycare with Tomoya. Usaida called in sick and Ryuuichi had to finish his classwork. We just sit against the wall as we watch the kids napped. I took out a book from my bag and proceed to read it. I have to remember my language!

I practiced my English as I read word by word, going along with the story. 

"Oh! I see you're reading English." He whispered loudly to me. I shushed him with my finger.

"Yes. Now let me read." I shouldn't be too harsh on him. 

"... Do you want to read together?"

"..Sure" He was happy that I didn't avoid him as much. He really became a father figure to Bennett, but in the end, he's just babysitting. We got along better than I thought. I felt comfortable around and he gives me joy as it heals my heart that was once broken. I'm glad to have him by my side, but not just him. Everyone else too.

I couldn't get into Class A like I promised and was forced to stay in Class B. Kiwa talked to the headmaster and even lower her scores to get into the same class as me. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw her sitting in class. 

"Your English has gotten better if not, excellent that I would consider you fluent, Tomoya.."

"Oh! Really?" He was really surprised by me complimenting him. Then he just smiles brightly as usual in response to mine. I was happy.

~ Kiwa POV ~

"I like you!" He bows with his hand reach out to me. We were in the back of the school where no one would see us. Before, I had gotten a note from him saying to meet here. I recognized him already. How could I not? He was just an annoying guy that chased after me and before that other girls too! Not just any girls! It was Mrs. Sawatori, a married woman! And Ryuuichi in a wig too! When I first heard it from Ryuuichi, I couldn't help, but laugh. What a pitiful guy, but he was different than I thought. One time his little sister came to school with god knows what "lunch". She intended to give it to Kamitani, but of course, he couldn't accept that thing. Even Rikona didn't recognize it as lunch, but rather as poison.