Chapter 54: The Backstory

Rikona POV:

"Will you go out with me?!" I didn't know him... He was just a random guy that asked me out. A boy with pink irises and nicely combed ginger hair. I remember that day..... I was just casually walking to school in my uniform. He was from another school. I thought of it as another confession and rejected him. I was used to rejecting boys that asked me out.

"Sorry, I don't know you so I can't" I politely rejected him. His face flushed and he quickly ran off without saying another word. I begin to become curious about him at that time. I was always a curious girl, still am... But I was also cheery and happy. "You're so funny!~" I giggled with my friends.

Popularity became a problem for me then came reputation. "There she is" I heard them whispered among themselves. "She's such a fake" "Nobody can be that perky and smart at the same time!" I bear with it. "I heard she got plastic surgery" "Her Grandpa probably bribed everyone in school" I stayed calm. My headache was acting up again.

"Of course. It's obvious since she's a Setsushi" Then I begin hating my name.

However, the only person who kept me going was Junko. She was my last hope in life and so I kept on a happy face every single day just for her. 

"Nee-chan!"

"Junko!~" I hugged her every time I get home. "How was playtime?" I would finish my homework early to play with her so she won't feel alone. I loved her with all my heart and brain. Oliver has always been with us since our birth, still, I wonder why he chose to work for us.

"Grandpa, I want to change school" I eat dinner.

"Again?!" He chokes on his food.

"...Yes" he lets me anyway, but I had an occasion. "This time... Can I use another last name?" He grinned and said yes. So I went by Sawamura in my new school.

Everyone treated me differently in a way I never thought I would experience in my life. So I begin to love my life because hope had my back soon fate comes into play....

"Arg!" I heard a noise in the back of the school. "Ow!" I heard a man's voice. As I creep around the corner, there was a gang fight happening. I became fascinated by it that I watched, it was so interesting and one of the greatest events in my life. "Get out of here now!" The girl commanded and they ran away. "I can feel you staring at me!" I got startled. "Come out!" I obeyed.

I had a proper look of her, a girl with such luscious silver hair and magnificent blue-green eyes. She was beautiful that I couldn't even describe it. Then I noticed her bloody hands.

"A-Ah! Here!" I took out my handkerchief and tried to wipe it on her, but she slaps my hand away.

"Don't touch me!" She was cold towards me and walked off like it was nothing.

I needed to see her again! "Hey do you know anybody that has silver hair and blue-green eyes?" I asked my friends.

They all flinched as they tremble in fear. "W-Why do you ask?"

"Because I met this one gi-"

"You met her!?" I got startled. "Where?" I told them everything and they sighed in relief. They warned me not to go near her again and I asked why. They said she always beat up students and is a big bully in school, but I didn't think of her like that. Rumor has it that her dad is a Russian spy. It was ridiculous. "Her name is Evelyn Morozov and she's in the same year"

"She's so scary and strong for our age."

"Where she is at this time?" I asked and they told me. "Thanks!" I quickly ran out of class. I didn't know why I was so interested in her, but those guys she beat up didn't look like students or young men! I ran outside to the football field and there she was! Eating by the bleachers all alone. I came up to her and she glared at me, but I didn't care.