Chapter 48: The Day

Seiua POV:

The news of the Setsushi relationship status with the Gales had spread among the nobles and of course, the engagement wasn't made public because it's supposed to be announced today, but thanks to my brilliant plan. It's no longer official and now she can live in the crowd with everyone else. But I'm sad that I got scolded by mother for doing this without her permission?! It was crazy! I did it for our family too, but Grandpa and father still praised and thanked me. However, I felt like it was a joke...

Buttttt It's the day! The freaking day! Where Rikona comes of age! Where she turns finally 18! 

"SHE'S F***ING 18 A-"

BAM

"Shut your mouth!" Reiji throws one of his books at me. 

"It's motherf***ing 3 IN THE MORNING!" He shoves his face into the pillow.

"ThAT's rIGht! And you only get 3 HOURS of sleep!" I dragged him out of bed by his foot. 

"Come on! Rikona is growing up" I wiped a teardrop off my face. I can't believe she's already 18 which means she's finally allowed to date! Then he kicks me in the face. 

"My beautiful face!" Well not as handsome as him, but still!

"Whatever! It's best that you get some sleep because that look on your face is sheesh!" I panicked. He's right! I can't show up as a ghost!

"You win this time!" I jumped into my bed and went to sleep.

~ Rikona POV ~

I can't sleep......

I sit up from my bed while Junko is still asleep beside me. I looked at the time *3:18 am*

Ugh. It's today, isn't it? My coming of age. I'm turning 18 on December 15th...... Which means that I'm old.... I don't like my birthday. Although I am the youngest of the group since I was born a year behind.

I carried Junko and a pillow with me late at night. I walked into Evelyn's room and laid her in Bennett's bed. I walked up next to Evelyn's bed.

POW

I struck the pillow at her face and she wakes up. She sits up and rubs her eyes at me. 

"What is it?" She yawns.

"I can't sleep..."

She smiles "Then sleep with me. I wouldn't want you to be alone on your 18th birthday" She makes room for me and I laid down. It was warm and familiar to me.

"Evelyn?" I asked and she responds. 

"Yes?"

"Don't you want to be in a relationship? For your sake?" She always used Bennett as an excuse for not dating. 

"Be honest..." She cried to me about love before. I felt bad.

"...I would love it....but I'm scared" But she's never scared about anything. She wasn't even afraid of climbing down a building. Nor dealing with gang members which I found out very late. 

"But I'm also unsure about my feelings"

"...What do you feel towards him?" Tomoya is so dense. He didn't read our signals at all. And I couldn't stop thinking about my dream either.

"Warmth, amusement, happiness?" She giggles. 

"But also pain and sadness" She still stayed positive. 

"Rikona, it torments me every day, but it also gives me joy too" I was baffled. 

"Romance or love, in general, is complicated and confusing" You don't say...