Chapter 51: Termination

Evelyn POV:

"Evelyn please!" Rikona cried out to me. I stopped because I wasn't mad. 

"I'm sorry!" I heard a thump and I turned around to face her down on her knees. 

"I'm sorry!" My heart was aching for her. I was shocked.

"Don't be...." I crouched down to her and hugged her. 

"...It's not your fault....." I whispered. 

"I...have always known" I giggled for some reason. It shouldn't be a laughing matter and yet I still did. She got startled and pulled back from the hug. She looks at me in shock with tears in her eyes. 

"W-What?!"

"Pff. It was kinda obvious" I joked even though I shouldn't. She hits my arm hard and it kinda hurts, but it was a pain that I could handle until she hits me multiple times like a child. 

"Ow! That hurts, Rikona! You're like a kid!" Then she wack my chest one last time.

"You deserve it for not telling me! Do you know how much pain I was in!" She pouted. It was cute.

"Rikona let me ask you this...." I smiled softly at her. 

"Did you ever wanted to go back and change your action?" She sucks up her tears. 

"No" She wipes them. 

"In fact, I never regretted it either because if I have never done that then you won't be able to be happy as you are right now" I smiled at her. I was proud.

"Me neither!~" I looked at her. 

"Because if I regret doing that, then I would regret Bennett and you wouldn't have gone to Japan either" I pat her head.

"Nor would I have brought you with me...." She leans into my chest. I hugged her. It's true and even though it's a sin. I would never go back and change it whether it was for a better or worse life. I'm happy where I am.

*TIME SKIP*

"You don't mind do you?" I lean on his shoulder. I was so tired from working and soon we're going to graduate.

"No, you've deserved it for working so hard." Tomoya smiled softly at me. It was strange that he only asks me out because he had no one to hang out when other girls ask him also. I don't know if I'm crazy, but he might be shy... That's the only excuse I can only come up with...

I rested my eyes and dozed off again. This is what I get for sleeping 4 hours a night. I had a pleasant dream. I was laying on a bed of roses colored white and red. I got up and looked into the distance, there was a man. I recognized him, why is he here again? I ran to him unknowingly. This is my last chance! 

"XXXX." I called out to him. He turned around and smiled at me. It was softer this time. 

"...." I didn't feel like talking.

"You're living a well life aren't ya?" He said. I didn't respond, all I did was stared at him blankly. 

"It was nice being with you. Too bad it got messy real quick" He taunts me. He's trying to provoke me, making me feel angry so I would lash out on him again. 

"I've been with you if Riko-"

"Stop..." I smiled at him, he was shocked by it. 

"Even though, I can't tell you in time." I said. 

"I still forgive you and I don't regret it at all. In fact, I was proud of it." I said with pride. He stares at me in shock.

"...." He pats my head gently.