Chapter 18: New Job

Chuuikichi POV:

It was the afternoon and I was getting ready to work at the convenience store. I was wearing my casual clothes and looked at my siblings messing around. "I'm going to work. Bye"

"Good luck Nii-san!"

"Bye Nii-san"

"I broke another plate sorry Chuukichi!"

I went outside and locked the door. I proceeded to walk to the convenience store then when I saw it in my sight. They were yellow tape at the entrance and I saw police cars too. When I got closer, there were two policemen talking to each other and I saw my manager in the back seat. One of them noticed me and came up to me. "Sorry sir, you can't enter"

"May I ask what happened?"

"....OI! EXPLAIN TO THIS POLICE OFFICER THAT THERE IS SOME MISUNDERSTANDING, WORKER!" my manager yelled through the small opening of the window while banging on it with his hands cuffed together.

"Oh, so you work here?"

"Yes I do"

"Sorry, Sir. Looks like you're free because your boss has been doing illegal things"

"I see...." I turned around and wander through the streets.

What should I do? Should I get another job? What about my paycheck? "I should get home" I mumbled.

I came across a playground and I unconsciously went in and sat on the swings. I stared at the ground and started thinking about my future plans. Which job should I work at for now? All of my jobs were minimum wages, but the convenience store was the highest. Now that it's gone. Should I get another one or just fill the day with another?

Then I felt something cold hit my forehead. I lift my face up and a milk box was between my eyes held by a hand. The owner was Aratani, she was drinking her melon milk while staring straight at me.

"Are you going to take it or not" She mumbled with the straw still in her mouth.

I took the box off of her hand and looked at it. *Melon milk*

"So you like it huh?" I poked the straw through the hole

"Yep. Thanks for the recommendation" She sat on the swing next to me.

We just drank our milk and stared at the empty playground.

"Where's your sister?" I asked.

"Daycare.."

"Should you not be there?"

"I had something else to do"

"Like drinking milk and sit around for no reason?"

"That's not true ...There is a reason for it"

"Ha......"

"..........I saw what happened with the convenience store. It's a shame."

"Wait...Did you buy milk there?"

"Yep"

"But the police were there and it was off-zone."

"Eh. Buying. Stealing and leaving money. What's the difference?"

"......"

"How have they been?" She asked me. I was confused

"Who?"

"Who do you think?..." She gives me a 'duh' face.

I didn't know what to answer. I rarely know Kashima and Kamitani.