Chapter 53: Confession

Ryuuichi POV:

We're graduating soon and this time. This day! I will confess my true feelings for Rikona! I got up early for school and washed up as quickly as I can. Then Kotaro woke up and I got him ready for school. The Chairwoman question why I was up so early and I made an excuse. I can't let her know that I'm going to put a note in Rikona's locker! After I arrived at school, it was empty. I brought Kotaro with me since Kindergarten doesn't open until 7. 

"Ni-chan!" He called out to me.

"Shush Kotaro. Don't let anyone know about this. Ok?" I smiled brightly at him and he nods. I went to Rikona's locker and tried to put the note inside. Thank god, it's empty, back then it would be stuffed like Kamitani and the others. However when the rumors about her having some sort of connection with hitmen and assassins spread, Her reputation plummeted and fans scattered. It was sad, but she didn't seem too bothered by it. She should at least read my letter! Then I put my letter inside, telling her to meet me during lunch. But wait.... Is it too cliche?!

I could even imagine her asking me why I didn't text her? Ahhh! This is too embarrassing, why is it so hard to confess? Should I ask Yagi for help? I panicked a lot.

"Nii-san!" Kotaro called out to me, I stopped thinking for a while. I looked at the time. 

*7:08*

Shoot! I should drop him off now. I closed her locker, leaving behind the letter and ran to Kotaro's kindergarten where he meets his friends.

*TIME SKIP* 

~ Rikona POV ~

"... Huh?" I took out the letter from my shoe locker. "Strange...." I don't have any more fans. I looked at the message in front. 

*To: Rikona* 

It's from Ryuuichi, definitely. I could even tell by his messy handwriting. Which reminds me....

I quickly put on my in-door shoes and ran to class, but not mine.

*Door Open Noise*

Some students who arrived early like me all gazed at me. I scanned the room, looking for someone but he wasn't here. 

"Do you need anything Aratani Senpai?" A Kouhai asked me.

"No..." I closed the door. Then he's probably in his office, I ran there.

"No running in the halls!" I stopped near his office. I looked back at the teacher.

"Ah! Uncle Hebi!" Just the person I'm looking for. He scolds me not to call him that within the workplace, but in my defense, the school hasn't started. He sighed and we went inside his office where I relax in his chair. 

"Don't get too comfortable... Rikona"

"I thought we're not supposed to call each other by our family names, Uncle Hebi"

"... What do you want, Aratani?" I grabbed my bag and took out a wrapped present. 

"Here! It's a gift" I gave it to him and he took it.

"Strange. It's usually the elders who give gifts to the graduating youngsters" He inspects it carefully. I saw a curve in the corner of his lips.

"Just open it" I told him and he did. Once he CAREFULLY unwrapped it which probably took forever. He finally opens a box and took out a lucky ornament that had a cat with two red packs of strings hanging down. 

"It's a lucky ornament made by Junko!" Technically she only put it together, but it still counts.

"A cat huh? Suits me..." He puts it in his bag. "Thank you Rikona" He pats my head. "Now go to class"