Chapter 38: Forgiveness

| A/N: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! BE GRATEFUL WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHO YOU ARE! EMBRACE YOURSELVES!| 

Rikona POV:

All this time, she was working in this very cafe where we used to go together. She is sitting in front of me nervously and trembling like a bunny. What happened to you? I looked at her and she avoids eye contact with me. It's awkward right now. "Ahem. I see that you're working here now"

"...Yes. Now I gotta go back!" She gets up from her chair, but I grab onto her wrist. Then she twists my hand, shaking it off. "Arg" The headache came back.

"I'm sorry!" She bows to me in anxious. It was my headache that hurt me, not her.

"I... Please sit down so we can talk"

She follows my command, but out of guilt which I didn't want. Before, she was similar to Kiwa, loud and tough, but also calm and patient...maybe a little freaky crazy Otaku. She had a collection of yaoi and even ship any boys insight. However, now she's quiet and scared. "So how are you holding up?"

"Oh.. I'm doing well"

"... Ev-"

"Why are you worry about me?"

"Because I'm still your friend"

"No, you're not! Even after I betrayed you! How could... How could you still say that?"

"I forgave you and I know that you didn't mean it to happen"

"I..." she teared up. "I'm sorry Rikona" She cries. A lot. And I mean like a lot for a long time. This is my first time seeing her like this. She never cries this hard even back in school when everyone.... "It's ok. The past is in the past" I comfort her.

When she got herself together, she told everything after I left. Apparently, her father already found her earlier and her sister went to her, but she begged them to not tell their mother until she goes back by herself. A lot has happened, everyone looks down on her despite all her talent and skills. Just because of one thing, everyone around changed their perspective of her, including me, but I realized it too late. She has suffered and I shall change that.

"So you already finish your time?"

"..Yeah"

"How was the process"

"Very painful, but in the end, it was worth it"

"... Boy or girl"

"A boy... A very handsome boy with both of my hair and eyes"
"How old?

"Barely 9 months"

"Where is he?"

"At home with a babysitter. My father and sister cover his expenses for me"

"What's his name?"

"Bennett.... Bennett Morozov."

She smiled at me as I smiled back at her. After that, I told her that I was going to come back tomorrow and she was fine with it. Then when I came back, I told her manager that she was quitting which startled both of them. The manager asked Evelyn if she was ok with it and she agreed to go with me. Though she was afraid that I might take "revenge", instead we decided to go to her place where she was staying. It was a one-room apartment in a decent neighborhood. Maybe because her father was watching over her. Then she told the babysitter to leave early and paid her wage. Finally, she introduced Bennett to me. He really had blue-green eyes like Evelyn and some silver hair laying on top. "He looks like you" I held him up. He giggles at me.

"Oh really?"

"Yep. Well, what can I expect? Like son like a mother"

"Hehe. Yeah"