Chapter 7: New Friend

Ryuuichi POV:

*Ring Ring Ring* 

"Ugggg. Huh?"

I opened my eyes and woke up to see Kotaro on my stomach again. 

"It's time to get up. Kotaro" I said as he woke up. 

After getting ready for school with Kotaro. I was stopped at the doorway. 

"Don't forget your bento. Kashima-san" Saikawa hands me it.

"Ah! Thank you!" I take it from his hands.

"Have a good day." he bowed. I walked with Kotaro and met Kamitani on the way. "Oh! Hello Kamitani!" I greeted him.

"Hey," He said and I see Taka-Kun is here too..in his arms again while he yelled at Kamitani.

"I guess we're going to walk together now," A sweat slid down on the side of my face while smiling. We walked together and I saw someone in the distance at the intersection. It was Aratani. I called out to her. "Oi! Aratani!" I waved.

Kotaro's eyes were glittering. We walked toward each other until we were in the middle of the intersection. Junko was reading a book while sitting on her arm.

"Ah. I see that your sister likes reading a lot"

"I do!" Junko-chan responded with energy.

"Let your little brother down Hayato. He's disturbing her reading time." She said to Kamitani. I can't believe she gets to call him by his first name

He puts Taka-Kun down and hit him in the head. "Shut up! You're annoying others now!"

Aratani didn't seem shocked at all, but I was as always. "You didn't have to hit him!"

"It's the only way to keep him quiet" He responded while holding out his fist.

Then Aratani put Junko-chan on the ground in front of Taka-Kun. Junko looks nervous even though she's smiling. "Now Junko. Do what you need to do."

Junko grabbed something from her pocket. It was a piece of candy. Could it be? She likes Taka-Kun and is confessing to him?! I was panicking while Kotaro stared at them.

"Hmph!" Taka-Kun faced away from her. Then the atmosphere became menacing. Aratani was giving death stares at him along with Kamitani glares.

BANG

Kamitani hit him on the head. "Oi! Don't be like that to her!"

Then the atmosphere lighter. Aratani stopped her death look and kept a straight face.

"I'm sorry for taking Kotaro away from you." She said as she held out the piece of candy. "I hope we can be friends again," Junko is settling their "fight" together. Taka-Kun was surprised as were I. Kotaro was trembling. Taka-Kun reached out and took the candy.

"We can be friends! BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I FORGIVE YOU!"

BANG

Kamitani hits him again. "Appreciate her for apologizing to you!"

"That's good enough," She smiled brightly. Then turned around and gave Aratani a smug look. Aratani remained unfazed. She told us that Junko couldn't stop thinking about what happened yesterday and so that's why she apologized to Taka. Even though it wasn't her fault and Kamitani tried to make sure of that, but Junko resisted. Then why did she gave her a smug look? It was a question that couldn't be answered.

"Oi Taka! Apologize to her now!" Kamitani threatens him with a glare that scares Taka to death!

"No need!" Junko-chan said with a smile and skipped to Aratani's arms. Then she went back to reading.