Chapter 31: Return

Hayato POV:

- Before Leaving -

It's already been like 3-4 days and not once have I've seen Rikona.

'Wow she really doesn't want to see me' I thought.

I shouldn't care about her and I won't.

My team and I explore the city and did some stuff. Eating, buying merchandise, playing dumb, etc. One time when we were walking down the street, we passed by a flower shop. I stopped and looked at this one specific flower. It was just a regular pure white flower, but.... Why am I attracted to it? I kept on staring until one of my teammates puts his arm around my shoulders, putting pressure on them a bit.

"Oi. Do you want those flowers?"

"No... I was... curious" I told him.

"Then let's go. You're getting left behind" He slaps my back and I glared back at him.

We went back to our group while walking, I've overheard a conversation. My teammates were talking about the soccer match, but I didn't attend because I didn't feel like it. Plus I'm pretty sure Rikona did fine.

"It's a pity that they lost"

"Dude. We all lost"

Wow. What a shame.

"Well, if Aratani wasn't replaced by Shimida. Then they could've won!"

I flinched

"I know right?! But it's too bad, I heard she's sick"

"Hope she recovers soon."

I moved away from the conversation. 'It's none of my business and besides, she'll recover. She's strong' I reassure myself.... But I couldn't stop thinking about the bad feeling inside of me. 'It's ok. She's Rikona. She's strong'

*Flashback*

"Rikona!" I shouted at the wet girl who was shaking cold in the rain.

"It's ok" She smiles through the pain.

"Here my jacket! Achoo!" I cover my mouth with my arm.

She grabs my jacket and puts it around me and tie it tight. She looks at me with a determined face and a frown. "B-But"

"You need it more than me!"

"Oh my god! Rikona! Hayato!" A lady ran to them.

~ The Next Day ~

It's so hot and I couldn't feel my body. "Hayato it's ok. You'll get better soon"

I leaned over to the side and saw her again. She was alright. "Don't worry! I'll take care of you!" She faced me.

"Why are you ok?"

*Flashes*

'She's going to be ok' I calm myself.

*Meanwhile*

"Junko-chan!~ It's time for breakfast!~" I turn off the stove.

She runs into the room and to the dining table. "What's for breakfast?" She was excited.

"Since your sister comes home today! We're having pancakes as a celebration!" I put her plate down. "Yay!"
We ate our breakfast. It felt different than the first time. I was happy with being near her despite her scary sister. Now I know why she's so determined to protect her. Junko had a bit of syrup on her cheek. "Be careful when eating" I wipe it off for her.