Chapter 14: Study Group

Maria POV:

It was the day. Where everyone would gather together and study for midterms. I would usually study alone but this is my first time studying with others.

"I'm only going because they need help" I mumbled as I walked to Kashima's mansion.

I arrived at the gate of his home. I rung the doorbell and the speaker above the button turned on.

"Hello, who are you?" A male voice asked.

"Uh. I'm Inomata Maria. I'm here for the study group thing" I answered directly.

"Ok, you may come in"

The speaker turned off and the gate unlocked automatically. I was shocked at the clicking sound. Then the gate moved on its own and opened itself for me. I walked through it and it closed behind me. I continued on the path to the door and looked around. I can see the laundry that Kashima did hanging to dry on top of bright green, properly cut grass. Then I was in front of the door. I was nervous. All the thoughts and questions start to fill my head. Do I open it? Do I wait for the butler to open it? Should I knock? I was distracted by my thoughts until the door opened itself. I came back to reality and looked at the door. Kashima was holding onto the door. "Oh, you can come in! Don't be so nervous"

"I was not! I didn't know if I should open it or not" my heart races as the blood rush to my cheeks. Arggg why does he always annoy me!?

"You can open it yourself next time. Now come in! Everyone is waiting for you!" He gestured me to come in. I walked inside his home and took off my shoes. So this is what it's like to live in a mansion. I looked around the room.

"Welcome, a friend of Kashima. Please make yourself feel at home" I turn to the person of the voice and it was the secretary. I already knew he worked and lived with the headmaster, but I never knew he would bring out snacks.

"N-no thank you" I declined.

"Everyone is already inside. We're just waiting for Aratani" Kashima said.

He guided me to the room that we are supposedly having the studying sessions in and I opened the door. Kamitani and Nezu were sitting at the table with books out while Yagi was choosing a book from the shelf.

"Is this the library?" I asked, turning back to Kashima because there were many bookshelves.

"Uhhh. I guess it is, but it's not the same library that the Chairwoman has always had. This is just something that Saikawa-san made in a week for us to use."

"He is very nice to do that for us," I said.

"Ah, he is!" He smiled at me. I blushed and turned away from him.

"Hi, Inomata! I can't believe you came" Yagi came up to me and smiled brightly.

"I can't believe that you came," I replied.

"So that leaves one more. Why are the girls always late" Kamitani said annoyed.

"Hey! There were some delays ok! You don't have to be rude about it" I yelled at him.

"I wonder. Where is Kotaro?" Yagi asked Kashima. His face turned blue.

"Uh.Um...." He didn't know what to say.

Nezu pulled him by the neck of his shirt. "Oi. We're here to study not to play with the kids you creep."

"We can just start early since Aratani is running a bit late," Kashima suggested.

"Pretty sure she's not coming. Maybe she's 'absent' today like the other times" Kamitani had a gloomy aura around him.

"I'm sure she had some emergency. She's just late today that's all" Kashima replied, trying to comfort him. Everyone was confused by their actions. 'Did something happen?'