Chapter 16: Talk

3rd POV:

It was the end of the semester. Tomorrow was the first day of summer break. The teacher is ending his lesson right now before they leave. "I wish you all a great summer before you come back in fall"

*Rrriiinnggg*

Before, everyone started to pack up. The teacher stopped them.

"And oh yes! Find an answer to this question if you can"

The teacher wrote on the board.

*What is love?*

Some were mocking and making fun of it. Others didn't care and few were thinking.

Aratani was one of them.

"Love?" she murmured. "Tch. So cliche." She didn't care and packed up. While packing up, she was thinking about the past. "I will always love you" Such lies. Then she got a sudden painful headache, but she bares with it. She still managed to pack up despite the headache. 'I'll take my pills in the restroom'

Ushimaru ran up to her. "Rikona-chan, do you want to hang out in the summer?"

"Sure, just email me whenever. I gotta go."

"Yes!"

Aratani walked out of the classroom. Kashima and Kamitani were waiting for her at the door. "We will leave you behind if you come out late next time."

"Sure"

He had always repeated that same sentence every time she left and yet they still wait. They went ahead to the daycare as Aratani does her business in the restroom, realizing that she left her medicine. She decided to wash her face instead and looked at herself in the mirror. A voice spoke in her mind as she stares at herself. "Forgive me".

She got mad and stomped out of the restroom, forgetting about what just happened.

"So what do you guys plan for the summer?"

"...I don't know" "Me either"

"Then let's all go to the beach then!" Kashima suggested. He wanted to bond with his friends more.

"Sure" They replied.

They walked to the daycare and put on their aprons. Then they did their duties. The boys were playing with them while Aratani role-plays with the girls. "Your posture is off"

"What? But I don't know theses things!" Kirin pouted.

"If you learn this we can be princesses together!~" Junko held her hand.

"Does anyone want to explore the school ground?" Kashima asked.

"We should play outside more" Kamitani suggested.

They all went out to play under the shades. Then some time went by and the kids got tired from playing, they let the kids take a nap under the trees with blankets on.

"Are we really letting them sleep here? What if they wander off and get kidnapped?" Kashima asked.

"Don't worry, I'm sure that won't happen." Kamitani reassured.

"Hmmmmm. What do you think of the teacher's question?" Aratani asked them.

"The 'what is love?' question. Erm, that's kinda hard to answer. I've never been in love."

"Same"

Aratani was shocked."You two realize that you have fan clubs right?"

"Eh?"