Chapter 8: New Life

Rikona POV:

*Ring Ring Ring*

The class was over and it was after school. I pack up my things in my bag.

"Oi Rikona. Let's go to practice together." I turned around to the owner of the familiar voice and face Hayato. I saw Kashima right next to him finished packing up his stuff.

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Kashima, we're going to practice right now, so we'll meet later," Hayato told Kashima.

"Ah ok. I'll take care of the children until your practice is finished." He assures us.

"Take care of my little sister well." I said while Kashima sweats. 

Hayato and I separate from Kashima to the changing room to change into our jerseys. I got out of the changing room and gather up with the others. 

"Alright girls. We will have to cut practice short today since we don't have any goals to play with." The coach said as she stared at me. Then everyone followed and stared at me. My face remains unfazed.

'Pfft. Whatever. I'm paying for the new goals anyway.' I said in my mind. 

"From now on, we will start with a warm-up and use cones as a replacement." The coach said while placing the cones. "Now everyone! 20 laps around the field and run altogether!". 

We ran 20 laps together, I showed my worth by being first, but there was this other girl trying to beat me. But in the end, I won the "race". After that, we stretched our bodies and relax.

"Ok! Now we can practice" The coach said and blew her whistle.

*TIME SKIP by Junko kicking a ball*

*WHOOOOOO* The coach blew her whistle.

"OK! That's all for now! Everyone can go change and go home" Everyone was so dead that I could see their souls coming out of their bodies. However, I didn't feel that bad. It was more like a baby training to me.

"I don't think I can even walk" "How does she do that" "She's scary on the field" "I feel like quitting" The club talked among themselves in the changing room.

'Who are they talking about?' I thought while changing back into my uniform. They would glance at me from time to time as I change... Are they..no..?

I shook that thought off my head and went back to reality. Since I have some time. I can help out in the babysitting club. After I finished changing, I walked over to the daycare. I could already hear the screams of the children.

*Door sliding noise*

"Hello. Practice ended early so I'm here to help" I came inside the room.

"Ah! Aratani! I appreciate your help so you can play with the children." Kashima was handling a baby.

I scanned the room. Usaida is sleeping on the ground. Kotaro, Taka, and a pair of twins are playing together. Junko and a girl with pig-tails were drawing together. Looks like he was right

"Owwie Owwie Owwie! Stop that Taka-Kun" Kashima struggles with the kids.

"Ok, Everyone! We got a new member and this time it's a girl" Usaida finishes his nap.

"Woahh," The children were in astonishment.

"This is Takuma-Kun" Kashima places his hand on his head "and Kazuma-Kun. They are twins." He introduced them with his hands on their heads.

"Hi!" Takuma said.

"Waaa" Mamizuka cried.

I see the difference.