Chapter 28: Tournament

Hayato POV:

"What?! All the sports clubs are going on a trip?!"

"Why in Tokyo?!"

"They're gonna beat our asses"

All the sports teams complained only because they were to compete against Tokyo and plus they don't like each other.

"Who's going to take care of Junko?" Rikona asked everyone. Since she's the club ace. She needs to go on the trip and Junko needed a babysitter. So she invited all teachers that she knows to the daycare and Junko is going to decide a caretaker.

"She can stay at my house!" Coach Umi suggested.

"Or mine!" My mom said.

"Or mine." Mrs. Yayoi offered.

"I want nee-chan!" Junko hugs Rikona from behind. Rikona pushes her to the front. "Sorry, I wish I can stay, but the soccer team needs me" She puts her to the center. "Choose whoever you want to stay with"

"Come here" "You can have fun with Kirin-chan" "I have books" All the teachers tries to persuade her.

"I...I...XXXXXXXX" Junko spoke English to Rikona.

"Ok" Rikona answered calmly.

"Wait what did she say?" I asked her

"She's going to stay at a relative's house for now"

Then the thought of her weird enthusiastic cousin appeared in my mind. ".....You mean that playboy?"

She stares at me with a blank face."Don't insult my cousin. Only I can do that"

"Such a hypocrite" I clicked my tongue.

"And besides, it's someone else. I'm sure he's not capable of even taking care of himself"

"Who is that person then?"

".......just someone I trust" She responds. Then the thought of him appeared in my mind. I dislike their relationship compared to mine with him. Why would my own dad care for her more than his own sons?

".....is it him?" I mumbled

"Huh?" she widens her eyes "did you say something?"

"Nothing" I told her and faced away.

'There's no way' I thought to myself.

Thump thump thump.

I felt my blood coursing through my veins, blood rushing to my head, 'They're not that close so it's ok'

I calm my heart down. Why was it beating so fast? I questioned myself

"We need to go next week right?" She asked me

I faced her and answered her normally. "Yes"

"......"

"......."

"....."

We stared at each other for a while. Then I came back to reality. "Why are you staring at me?"

Her face turned gloomy. "There's just something different about you"

"Ha?"

Then we got interrupted by a voice. "RI-CHAN! READ WITH ME!" Taka jumps into her arms.

"....sigh. Fine" She gave in. Then she stood up and went to the bookshelf with Taka. Junko saw them and ran towards them. She smiles brightly and acted natural.

"Nee-chan!~ I wanna read too!" She looks down at Taka. Which even gives me the chills.

"...We can read together then" Rikona told her.