Chapter 40: New

Evelyn POV:

We played with the kids as if nothing happened. I was nervous around others since they're Rikona's friends and I don't know them. I just stood in the corner, isolating myself from them with Bennett and Junko. I can't let Junko cry! She was showing and reading her book to us until....

RIP

"Bennett!" He rips one of the pages as we got stunned. I grab his hand away from the book and told him no in English. "It's ok" Junko grins at me.

"Even if it is! I can't afford to pay you back!"

"But nee-chan can payback.." She tilts her head in confusion. I sighed. She won't understand so I had to come up with another excuse. "He can get paper cuts"

She understood and continue reading. Then one of the boys, the blondie came to sit next to us. He was the one who gave me tissues. I shivered in fear. Do I have to pay him back? Then Junko noticed me shivering and glared at him. He twitched. "Junko. Aren't I your nii-san?" He smiles.

"Not if you make Evelyn cry"

Then Bennett did the same to him. Glaring. But like how is that possible?? He's only 9 months and he managed to copy Junko! That means he's a genius. Little did I know I stopped shaking while I got lost in my own thoughts, but instead a teardrop stream down my cheek out of happiness for Bennett. If only my sister was here. "Get away from her!" I heard another kid yelled.

I came back to reality and saw the kids attacking the nice guy with the others trying to stop the kids. This is my fault. If only I didn't have major mood swings. "S-Stop. He *sniff* didn't do anything. It's my fault that I'm *weep* cccrrryyiinnggg" I cried again out of guilt.

~ Hayato POV ~

"Itadakimasu" We snapped our chopsticks in half before eating our ramen.

"You know you didn't have to come with" She puts her boiled egg in my bowl

"Well it will be awkward for you to be alone" I put pork in her bowl.

"Well this is very more awkward" We begin eating our ramen.

*Before*

"Do you know any ramen shop nearby?" She asked me out of nothing where after I flicked her forehead. I told her the nearest ramen shop and she thanked me. I asked her why and she said that she wanted to eat ramen so she was going alone. "But what about Junko?"

"Evelyn will take care of them and besides I could bring take-outs to them" I don't know why, but I also craved for ramen."..... Then I'm coming with you"

"Whatever, it's your choice, not mine and I'm not paying"

*Now*

I looked at her eating her ramen naturally, but I couldn't stop staring at her. I don't know if it's me, but she seems different. We finished eating and thanked for the ramen. I was surprised she remember all of this stuff. As the check arrived, I realized that I didn't have any money. "You're paying" I told her and a vein popped on her head. "Remind me next time not to hang out with you"

"Thanks, Rikona"

She got her take-out and we were walking home. I got a call from my mom that she already picked up Taka. For Rikona, Evelyn already brought them home. I was surprised when I heard they were roommates too. Then it was quiet. Too quiet. We were just walking home on the same path, but at the same time, I was curious. So I had to bring it up now. "... What happened to your parents?"

She stopped walking. "... I don't have any" She bluntly told me. "Well, who were those people that you called mom and dad back then?" I had to ask her.