Chapter 15: Midterms

Chuukichi POV:

*For now* 

After the study group, I went on continuing to study on my own and working as usual. However, thanks to the group, I was able to improve a little. Two days later.

The midterms day has finally arrived.

"Are you ready?" Tomoya smiling as always

I put my study book down.

"Sure." I replied.

"Of course you are! You were always 2nd-rank in the whole school since we enrolled!" He complimented me.

"This year might be different"

"Huh? What do you mean? Wait. It can't be. Did you give up on your education and plan to be a drop-out?!"

"No-"

"Chuukichi. I didn't know this side of you!" There were tears coming out of his eyes.

"......"

"If you do! I will always support you and help you get a job" He held both of my hands.

"You're crazy"

"Oi stop yapping! And use your time wisely" Inomata said with an irritated face.

"Are you prepared, Inomata?" Tomoya still smiles.

"Of course, but that doesn't mean that I will succeed. You should use this time to study rather than talking."

"Awww. You're being nice to us!" He pats her head.

I ignored them and continue reading.

~ Tomoya's POV ~

"How do you think others will do?"

"What do you mean?" Inomata made eye contact with me.

"I mean we're all taking the same tests and the rankings will be posted on the board"

"I think they will just score an average"

"Well I think they will be above average.....Especially Aratani" I whispered at the end. She's a unique girl, but something was off about her. Although her face is mostly straight every day, her eyes tell something different, her emotions.

"Huh?" She blankly stared at me.

"What place do you think Aratani will score?" I smile brighter.

"I-I think sh-she will do just fine!" She stuttered and her face was red.

"Huh? Is that so?"

"Stop talking! I'm going back to my desk" She walks back and sat down. She took out a book and reads it. I should study now. I walked back to my desk and sat down. Then the bell rang.

*Rrrriiiinnngggg*

~ Ryuuichi POV ~

Before I was sitting in front of Kamitani and we were about random things. Arg. I should've studied at that time. Aratani wasn't with us before the bell because she stayed at the daycare. Then when the bell rang she came. And now. We are currently taking the test. I stopped daydreaming and focus on the test. I read the first question.

*If Bob took 10 apples from the shelf which had -8 pumpkins. Then what is the volume of chair woman's hair and the density of the Titanic?*

....Thank god. I studied with the others I answered it and moved on.

*2 + 2 is 4 minus 1 is?*

.......It's just one question. It's ok to miss it.

~ Hayato POV ~