Chapter 3: Shopping

Rikona POV:

"Pudding will give you happiness"

Upon the arrival of our new home. The driver stopped and got our luggage out.

"The price is XXX if you can even afford it." The driver said.

"I'm sure I can," I respond while getting my debit card from my wallet and give it to him.

With one look at my card. The driver widens his eyes in astonishment.

"Damnnn. Aren't you a little young to carry this around freely?"

"Why yes, I am," I responded while he slides the card and hands back the card.

"Be careful around here. Especially with that card." The driver warned.

After moving to our new home, we unpack our luggage and layout our futon on the floor in the bedroom.

"Prepare the bath and brush your teeth, Junko"

"Hai Nee-chan!~" She rubs her eyes.

"Are we going to sleep on the floor forever now?" She asks.

"No, we are going to sleep like this for a short time. We will shop for furniture and a bed at the mall tomorrow." I answered.

After we bathed and brushed our teeth, we went to sleep.

'Maybe we should make some pudding tomorrow.' I thought. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

*chirp chirp* *chirp*

I woke up to the sound of the birds. I rubbed my eyes and reach for my phone. I look at the time on the screen *9:17*. I sat up and look over to my side. Junko was sleeping peacefully in a dead body position.

"Yep. She's dead" I murmured.

I got up and stretch my body. I walk over to the bathroom to do my business, brushed my teeth, and dressed up.
"Junko, it's time to wake up," I said as I tied my hair up

"Ugg...huh? What?" She mumbled while rubbing her eyes.

"We're going shopping today or do you want to sleep on the floor forever?" I said.

She opens her eyes instantly and sat up quickly.

"NO!" She shouted with determination.

She got up and ran to the bathroom.

"Nee-chan, help pleaseeeee"

"Ok, I'm coming," I said as I grab her clothes and walk toward the bathroom.

After we got ready, I prepared our stuff. I looked at my phone *9:33*.

"That took longer than I expected," I said to myself

"What's that Nee-chan?" Junko asked

"Let's start walking," I said. The mall was not that far, but I'm pretty sure Junko can't handle walking there.

- 5 minutes later with Junko reading-

I looked over at Junko and I can see her trying to keep up with me.

Yep, just as I thought. She can't handle walking this far.

*Sigh* "This is taking too long" I mumbled. Then I grab, lift, and held her in my arms. She looked at me in shock, but I assured that it's ok and continued to walk faster. Then when I reached the mall, it was big and glittery on the outside.

"This is Japan, I guess" I mumbled

I went past the entrance and looked at Junko. She was looking straight back at me.

"Junko, it's ok to look now," I said.

"Wow it's so bright and pretty" Junko muttered.

"It's no different from London, but ok" I murmured. "Do you want to walk now?" I asked Junko. She held my arm tighter while shaking her head with sparkling eyes.

"Fine" I replied. I walked up to the receptionist and asked: "Where is the bank?".

*TIME SKIP by Junko's bright smile*

After withdrawing from the bank and buying supplies. I went to the furniture section.

"Hmmmmmm, which one do you want Junko?"

"The biggest one!"

"We're buying chairs Junko...." Also, my arms are going to hurt from carrying all the shopping bags plus Junko.

"Hello Sir, we would like to have some furniture delivered to our house," I said to the nearest worker. Then I felt a strange presence behind my back. Wait no, it feels like someone is staring at me.

"Of course, right this way please," the worker said with his hand out.

I instantly forget about the strange feeling and followed the nice worker.

"Have these deliver to this address?" I said

"I am amazed that you managed to buy all of this in one day without being in debt especially for your age." The man said

"Well, I managed" I responded with a shrug.

"Don't worry, we will have it delivered to your house tomorrow." The man said with confidence.

"Thank you sir~~," Junko said.

"Want to make some pudding tonight?" I asked

"Hai!"

*TIME SKIP by Anonymous*

I walked home with all the stuff and Junko in my arms. After I opened the door, Junko instantly jumped down and took off her shoes before running to the kitchen and sitting on the counter. After taking off my shoes, I walked over to the kitchen and set everything down on the counter next to Junko. I looked at my arms and they were covered in red scars. God, my arms hurt, but I still have more things to do.

"Junko, I will give you the groceries and you will put them in the cabinet. You got it?"

"Hai!"

She listened to my instructions very well and put all the stuff away without any mistakes.

"Time for dinner," I told Junko as I finished cooking. Then we ate dinner and washed the dishes.

"Now let's make some pudding," I told Junko

"Yay~~" Junko smiled and laughed at me. I felt the corners of my lips curling.

- 10 minutes later with Junko stirring -

"After pouring it into the cup, Put the cups in the fridge and wait for 5 minutes," I informed Junko

"Ok, Nee-chan~" Junko answered.

- 5 minutes later with Junko waiting -

"It's ready Junko"

"Yay!"

I grabbed the spoons from the cabinets and the puddings toward the living room.

"Here, now tell me how it tastes," I said.

"It's delicious!~" She responded happily.

"That's great," I said as I scoop the pudding to my mouth.

"Pudding will give you happiness nee-chan~," Junko said.

I dropped my spoon onto the floor and thought of her. The same exact words coming from both of their mouths. I twitched at the memory, but I got rid of it quick.

"What's wrong nee-chan? You dropped your spoon." Junko said with a worried look

"Nothing is wrong Junko. Look, the spoon is fine as long as it hasn't been 5 months"

"Isn't it 5 seconds?" She corrected me.

"...No...But you should never eat things off the ground"

We finished our pudding and cleaned up. We got ready for bed and went to sleep.

'The past is in the past' I thought to myself. 'She's gone forever'.

End of Chapter 3

| Words Count: 1110|