Chapter 50: Acknowledgment

Hayato POV:

Ever since we celebrated Rikona's birthday, she went back to her cold and reckless state, but for some reason. She changed in some way, but I don't know what about her that changed! It's strange, I could feel it in my gut! Her physical appearance had gotten fuller? No! Mature.... In some way! I can't describe it! And has she gotten softer somehow? I-

"Why am I thinking of her?..." I mumbled to myself. God! Now I'm crazy!

*Meanwhile* 

~ Evelyn POV ~

I put Rikona to sleep because of her condition. She refused to take the pills and tried to bear with it. I knew it was painful because she had tears coming out of her eyes. I have always known about her headache. She had it before we met, but it wasn't this bad. Did I do something? She wanted to tell me something, but she was struggling. Her eyes were full of regrets and sorrow.

I carried her to her bed where she could sleep peacefully. Meanwhile, Junko and Bennett played in the other room. Luckily they were too busy to even notice Rikona in agony, but when she said that it's her fault that I had.....

I clenched my fist tight and it shakes in anger. I glared down at the floor. 

"I'll f***ing kill that bastard" I mumbled in English. No matter how hard I hated him or how horrible he was. I still forgave him, but I could not forget what he had done to me ...to us! Then he disappeared like a freelance, not even leaving a trace. I just hope that he realized his mistake and karma will get back at him, but soon become a better person.

"Sigh. You're too nice Eve..." Just like Rikona. She gave all of us a chance to live life again, but still..... 

"That's right Evelyn" You're not her.

"So I can get revenge" All the things he did was for himself! If you still make him pay a little price. 

"She won't mind..." I felt my lip curve into a smile. "She won't mind."

"Mama!" I heard my son called out to me. I shook my head. No Evelyn! You can't go down that path! 

"Coming!~" I ran to them.

Revenge isn't the answer! Stop thinking about him and do it for Bennett! Even if he's the father...... Then a familiar voice plays in my head "Thank you, Evelyn!"

Even so, if there's a slight chance. I still cannot because all my life, I buried my dirty secrets. I would just be lying to everyone else even more and I don't want that.

And I won't. My shoulders got lighter as if all the guilt that was weighing me down has gone away. Vanished. But I felt a sharp pain suddenly strikes me in my heart. More painful than I can even imagine.

*TIME SKIP* ~ 3rd POV ~

"I don't want to graduate and become a responsible adult!" Kiwa whined to the others.

Currently, they are busy doing chores for the school and coincidentally they got the same day. Hayato smacks the back of her head and told her to deal with it. They glared daggers at each other, with a feeling to murder each other.

"Come on guys, Cheer up!" Tomoya breaks the tension and they went back to work. He takes a peek at Evelyn who was acting strange. Every time Tomoya is in her sight, She avoids him as much as possible without being suspicious. However, everyone already knows her intention meaning she's at that stage which makes them frustrated especially Kiwa. For him, he still struggles to find his real feelings for Evelyn whether they're friends or not. Evelyn felt a weird sensation (His staring) and turned her back. He immediately looked away as he felt his heart pounding through his chest. She didn't question it and went back to work. After finishing, Yuki and Ryuuichi go to the daycare to watch over the kids suggested by Rikona who wasn't going to give up on them. Chuukichi forcibly dragged Tomoya home. Meanwhile, Kiwa lounges on her desk all exhausted from anxious thinking and work.