Chapter 33: Celebration

Ryuuichi POV:

*Rrriinnggg*

"Alright, that's all for now. Have fun in your winter break!" The teacher ends the class.

Rikona Aratani

I thought of that time again. Then I slapped my two cheeks hard which startled everyone. My cheeks were stinging were the pain and burning red.

"Uhhh. Are you ok?" One of my classmates asked.

"Never better" I reassured them. I was packing up my stuff and Kamitani came up to me. "Any plans?" He asked. I was so busy (and probably distracted) that I forgot to plan the Christmas party! "Shoot! We need to plan with everyone now!"

"....Calm down. We can meet at the daycare"

"...Right... Let's tell everyone then"

While Kamitani and I walked to the daycare, I texted everyone to come so we can plan where we can have it. Everyone agreed and said they'll come. We went to the daycare and as always we took care of the kids until Everyone came. Aratani and Kiwa were running late because they needed to clean the classroom. Then when I heard the door slide noise. I called out to her. "Arata-" Ah wait. That's not her real last name... Is it? Wait what should I call her then? Should I ask her? No that's private-

~ 3rd POV ~ (I'm doing everyone's first name now, but only in this POV)

Ryuuichi was zoning out as he stares at Rikona while she stares at him back, waiting for her "name" to be finished. "..ni" She finished. Ryuuichi came back to reality and responded with "huh?"

"Aratani... It's Aratani. In case you forgot" Then Junko hugs her leg and as usual gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh right.." Ryuuichi rubs the back of his head as Kiwa stood in shock, being ignored by everyone. "....I'm here you know!" She grabs their attention.

*Planning*

Everyone agreed to do it on Christmas Eve since they want to celebrate the real Christmas with their family. Now they are deciding where to hold the party.

"Karaoke?" Yuki suggested.

"Money" Chuukichi rejects. "Can't sing" Maria rejects. "Too loud for kids and they're a handful" Hayato commented.

"... Ryuuichi's Mansion since he is the host" Tomoya said.

"Ehhh??" He looks at him in shock. 'I should've expected this! Then Aratani is going to agree' He panics. Then Rikona looks at him.

"....*sigh* If he's unable to do so, then we can do it at my house" Rikona saves him.

"Eh?" Everyone was surprised by her answer. They never expect that she'll let them into her home since she always cut off in the interaction.

'That's right! Her house is bi-......' Ryuuichi's face became blank. He'd not seen her house clearly because he was hiding.

"You do-" Ryuuichi got cut off.

"You will?!" Yuki's eyes sparkled at her. "I've always wanted to visit your home" Maria grabs her hands.

"Perfect! It's big enough to fit us all!" Kiwa commented.

The boys stayed silent and just nod in agreement. After planning the rest of who cooks, Santa, invitations, etc. They went to take care of their own businesses.

*TIME SKIP* - hours or maybe a day later -

"My lady would like to gift you all of this for taking care of my miss" Sir Oliver bows along with other servants with expensive and shiny gifts beside them. While the Nezus were astonished with their jaws dropped, Chuukichi was still at work with Rikona.

*Before*

Rikona was on break and then

*Brr Brr Brr*

"Yes, Grandpa?" She answered

"For all of your hard work, I'm sending gifts to you" He was excited. She coughed on her saliva.

"You don't need to do that for me!"

"Aww, Rikona. You don't have to be humble about it!" He chuckles behind the phone.

"But I'll-" She stopped speaking. 'If I told him that I'll throw it away then he'll be sad'. She thought about the situation very carefully. "Then I have any freedom to do with it right?" She asked,

"Yes! It's yours now!"

"Ok Thank you, Grandpa."

"Anythin- GRANDMASTER PLEASE COME BA-"

*Beep Beep Beep*

She got hung up on. 'He's ditching work again huh?' She calls someone else.

"Yes, my lady?"

"I need you to do something about those gifts"

*After*

"Please accept these" Sir Oliver said to the mother.

"I-I can't possibly accept this! We only just let her stay for 2-3 days!" She was being humble.

He snaps his fingers and the servants brought in the things. "And we are indebted to you for taking care of her. We haven't seen her that happy in forever"

The children were amazed by the items. "Woahh!"

"It's not much, but this is all we can do for you" He bows and leaves.

She looks at the holy tier of gifts lying in the living room. "N-Not much?!"

"Just who is Junko?!"

"Momma, can I play with Junko some more please" Kyouko tugs onto her apron. She said of course while patting her head and promised to let them play as long as possible.

*After shift*

Rikona was on the phone with Sir Oliver. He told her that he had already dealt with the gifts that Grandpa, but she didn't seem too happy or mad about it. ".....When I said do something with it...."

"I gave it to the Yagi and Nezu families" He sounded so proud. Rikona didn't know what to think, her face was blank. She thought that he was going to donate it to charity or the servants. ".....Did they accept it?"

"Of course! They were really grateful for it." She didn't believe him.

".... I.. gotta go" She hangs up. What am I going to do? She thought. Then she walked outside of the restaurant to find Chuukichi waiting for her.

"... I got a call from my mom..."

"Yeah yeah. I get it, but I don't want it back" She told him. She walks past him and he follows beside her.

"....Kyouko wants to play more with Junko..."

"Then she can come during Christmas. I mean anyone can come too"

"...... Do you want anything in return?"

"........" Rikona thinks hard about her decision. What can I make him do that will benefit me. "...make... Sugar cookie?.." She spat out something random. Chuukichi was confused

"Are you asking me?"

She heard from the others that he makes really good sugar cookies and she wanted to give some to Junko. "Yeah.."

"... Fine I will"

"Maybe I'll sell them to my buyers" She mumbled. 'Then that will reopen my business' She thought, but it quickly got rejected since she needs proof that he made it.

End of Chapter 33

| Words Count: 1105|