Chapter 32: Understanding

Rikona POV:

- Days or maybe a week later -

"Let's play outside with the kids tomorrow?" Kashima asked me and Hayato.

"Sure" "Can't" We both said at the same time.

They gave me stares. "I can't because I'm ditching school"

"...Ah is that so?"

"You're setting yourself up for failure" Hayato facepalm.

"Yeah whatever" I scoffed.

After the sunset, all the kids got picked up. Today, Auntie Kami came to the daycare to pick up Taka. This was very..... rare. "Mama, I can bring him home alone you know"

"Yeah, I know! I was just... checking" She glanced at me with a concerned face. It looks like she has been keeping tabs. I played dumb and put on a confused expression. "Checking on what?"

"Oh, nothing!" She smiles awkwardly while rubbing the back of her head. She got convinced. She leaves the room and I walked home with Junko. After we finished eating dinner and washing up. I talked to Junko who was sitting on the side of the bed. "Tomorrow, we will not go to school because we're going somewhere very important. Please listen because you need to understand what's happening tomorrow"

I stared at her with sad eyes. Junko didn't look happy either. She was confused, but she still smiled sadly at me. "Ok nee-chan" I kissed her forehead and laid her in bed. I grabbed my phone and dialed in Auntie Mori's number. "Hello, this is Morinomiya Youko. How can I help-..." She stopped speaking for a while.

"You dialed in my personal number. What is it Rikona?" She speaks in a harsh tone.

"I need to be excused tomorrow,"

"Wha-? Agai-?.....I'll send Saikawa to you" She calms down.

"No. We would like to be alone"

"...If you need anything. Remember to call this number"

*Beep*

I hung up.

It's just one day

I felt my hands shaking.

It's just an event

I grabbed my hair with both hands.

It's just a person

I went to sleep with Junko that night. I felt something falling down on my face from my eyes.

The Next Morning -

*Ring Ring Ring*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I stared at the wall across my bed for a while. Before getting up and stretching my body. I went to the bathroom to wash up. Then I told Junko to do the same as she wakes up. While she does that, I prepared our specific clothes for today. When she finished, she was confused about these clothes because it wasn't like the others. However, she still wore it because it matched mine. I called a taxi in advance. Then I got a notification that it arrived at my house. I put on my black tulle hat. "Time to go Junko"

"Yes" She didn't know what was happening, but she knew it was not going to be fun. We went into the taxi. "Where are we going?"

I gave him a paper note. "Oh... ok"

"Can we stop at the flower shop first?"

"Of course!"

After we stopped by, I bought two bouquets. A small one for Junko and a normal one for me. She had pink orchids and I had white tulips. We got into the taxi after our purchases. "You really took your time with selecting those flowers" The taxi driver commented.