20- Real Selves

"You'll find out soon enough~" I said and left.

Today is their trial. I decided to watch it. I saw Ayano and Ayato come with with Taro and Taeko as I held back a growl.

"Mr Saikou, Mr Shidesu, Mr Yamada, Mr Rito, Mr Ruto, Mr Odayaka, Mr Najimi, Mr Sunobu. You eight have been charged with 20 accounts of murder. How do you plead innocent?" "All the people murdered are people we care about! We'd give our lives to them if we needed to!" Osorō yelled, slamming his hand on the podium. Osano put his hand on his shoulder and stared down. "We know who the real killers are anyways." "And how do you know that?" "Some way you wouldn't understand," Kizano said and the judge as well as prosecutor seemed angry. "How's that?" "They could jump time. All for their own happy ending..." He muttered and the prosecutor laughed. "How could they jump time? It's impossible." He said and I just smirked.

Kizano's POV

"Not unless someone gave them the power." A voice said and we looked around, confused. "A... demon..?" Oko asked and the judge turned to him. "If you can summon a spirit to do a testimony, then you may speak." "But... I need an Occult Room..." "Good excuse to try to get out of this. Spirits aren't even real." "Actually-"

"You dare say spirits aren't real?" A voice questioned as we saw the demon empress sitting on the podium. "Who are you?" "You will stay silent unless you are spoken to." She growled, glaring at the prosecutor. He seemed stiff for a minute as the other high demons appeared. "My oh my empress, you just can't control yourself." "Since I've been a mortal, I wasn't able to do this, I'm just having some fun." She said, smirking then looked down at herself. "I suppose this form isn't appropriate currently." She muttered and smoke surrounded her.

"There, much better." She said and the smoke disappeared. We all stared surprised as we saw (Y/n) with a stab wound in her back located at her heart and when she looked back at us, a slash across her neck with dried blood at both wounds. "I am one of the twenty victims. While I want a good show, these eight aren't the killers." She said and picked at her nails. "And the other 19 souls can say the same thing." She said and had them show themselves with a transparent bodies. "Then who is-" "Spider, can you warn the judge?" Spider Demon nodded happily and placed a giant tarantula on the stand. The judge jumped and (Y/n) giggled. "Do me a favor and keep that look of fear, I love it." She said then looked at the spirits. "Don't say who the real killer is. Just say your emotions to your brothers and friends at the defendant stand." They looked back at us surprised then growled to the judge except for Akane, Amai and Oka.

"You're silly and brain dead if you think they actually killed family and friends." Akane said and we noticed what looked to be a mask chip. When this "mask" fell off, there was a glare present on her face. All of us except for Megamo, Megami, (Y/n) and the student council seemed surprised. "Keep in mind they do still have their own emotions." She looked around and soon glared into the crowd. We looked the way she was looking and saw Ayano and Ayato. We glared too as we saw them smirk and hold onto Taro and Taeko's arms. We saw regret plastered on their face as (Y/n) calmed herself. "Judge, I'll give you a quick deal. You can't say no by the way." She said and the judge looked at her, surprised and nodded. "Good, everyone's lives will depend on your decision. If you chose the wrong killers, I'll kill everyone but these eight and the killers right in front of you and let the demons take their souls all because you couldn't chose right. Chose the right ones and no one except for them dies." She said and gave a friendly smile while the judge seemed surprised.

"Hey Flame, I'm not the only one who thinks there's a lack of fire here, right?" He shook his head and seemed ready to light this place on fire. "No. Alright then, we're changing the setting." She said and snapped her fingers. Smoke surrounded the room while it suddenly felt hotter. When the smoke cleared, there was blue, white and red flames around us. (Y/n) was no longer sitting on the podium and instead, sitting on a throne. The other demons were sitting on thrones a bit lower then her own. She was smirking as Succubus whispered to her. She nodded.