49- Foxes

I felt my bag getting tugged on and by now, I have some breakable things in there and turned to politely ask the child to leave me alone.

When I turned around though, I saw a fox and smiled. The girls noticed I wasn't walking with them and saw the fox following me. "Jeez, animals just love you." "I guess. Can't really take in another animal right now though. Hey buddy." I pet it and it gently nibbled at my hand. I smiled and let it while petting it. When I stopped and started walking away, it tugged on my kimono a bit and I turned. Damien now arrived and picked up the fox and sighed. "Sorry (Y/n). This one seems to like you a lot. Now there little guy, you shouldn't bother her." It kept trying to get out of his grasp but he didn't let it while I went away.

"I'm waiting for more." Asu said and we nodded a bit while continuing. I smiled and a fox was running through the crowd. I was confused before it hid behind a booth with a large and fluffy cat chasing it. I laughed a bit and knelt down to the cat. It was just looking around and looked at me before I started to pet it. It purred then walked away after looking around a bit. The fox was an arctic fox and it crept out the back after. I pet it a bit and it stayed next to me.

"Again?" They just laughed and it stayed next to me. Someone was with the cat and looking around. They saw the fox and smiled. "There you are Carla!" The fox hid behind me from the cat and the person was confused. "Um, Miss, I just adopted that fox..." "I'm sorry. I don't mean to steal it." I said and tried ushering it forward but it stayed in my behind me. I was confused and the other girls couldn't do a thing.

"Oh, I think your cat might be scaring the fox." She looked at the cat that was licking his paw. "My cat is harmless though..." "Your cat was chasing the fox earlier." "He was trying to get her back." The lady said to Hoshiko and she shrugged. "I didn't know, sorry." She nodded and held out a treat. "Come on Carla. I just adopted you. Steel doesn't mean harm..." The fox still hid behind me a bit and the other one that was tugging on me arrived too with Yuuto chasing it now.

The fox recognized me and just held onto the sleeve of my kimono while I sighed. "So... I'm sorry ma'am. Come on, go to your owner." The red fox snatched the treat them gave it to the white fox while it ate it. Yuuto saw what was going on and was confused. "Is there something I can help with here?" Hoshiko blushed and looked away while the others noticed. Kizana noticeably made a mental note to remind her of it later.

The woman and I pointed to the white fox and said it was hers but was hiding behind me. "Oh, that's normal. This fox has always had trust issues but it also doesn't seem true. Look behind you miss." She turned and saw another white fox. She was confused and saw it had something on her paw indicating it was bought. "Oh my... I'm so sorry Miss." "It's okay. I didn't know there were other white foxes here Yuuto." "They're very rare to see here, yes, but we've saved them. This one was apparently hunted when we found it but the ground it was shot on was private property and has trust issues." He said and I nodded.

"I see. Well then, bye." "Bye. Have fun here." We nodded and continued. Kizana was smiling and looked at Hoshiko then me and I knew. "Kizana, no." "Kizana, yes." She said and I sighed. "No." "Yes." "No." This kept going until Hoshiko got out of her daze and asked why were were just saying no and yes, which didn't take long.

"Do you like him?" Hoshiko blushed and looked away. Kizana on the other hand... I feel bad for her. She got her 'relationship face,' or whatever she calls it when she plans to get people together on and was smiling. "Imma do it." "Kizana, no." "For the last time, yes." "No." "Yes." "Shut up you two." Oso said and we smiled. Akane was smiling and got a fox charm that could go with her other leaf charms.

We smiled and continued. I noticed that the two foxes were following me and sighed. I turned and pet them. The two foxes nibbled on my covered arm but when it came to my hand, they nuzzled it. Amai giggled and Oka was smiling. "They like me..." "That's obvious." Oso said and I shrugged. Both boys came by and took the two. "Come on. Let her enjoy the festival." Damien said to the red fox and the white fox slightly squirmed in Yuuto's grip. She just said the same thing and then Damien apologized again. "It's no problem." They nodded and smiled as they walked away with the foxes.