"Darling?"

(Y/N) stood just outside MTT house, which was currently occupied by several monsters as a party was currently going on. Outside it was chilly, due to the weather changing, winter was coming and everyone had been making preparations for the weather. Among the monsters,  was (Y/N), (Human/Monster), who stood just outside. They had become good friends with Frisk and Papyrus, along with Undyne. 

(Y/N) sighed to themselves... their mind was racing, (his/her/they) feelings? Confused. Unsure. They had just met MTT a year or so ago and couldn't get him off of their mind and this caused problems for (Y/N); who wasn't sure what to do, even worse... This causes them to get lost in thought and get distracted, this behavior became noticed by nonother than MTT himself. (Y/N) would often stair blanky in a random direction, thinking deeply... about what? Mettaton had to know, somehow, (he/she/they) had to tell him.

Already in his Ex form, MTT made his way confidently, hips swaying, all the way to the front porch. Just outside, arms folded and looking up at the stars above, MTT couldn't help but follow (Y/N)'s stare up to the night sky. The Stars twinkled and blinked, a complete contrast to the night sky. Letting go of the front door, MTT approached (Y/N) from behind and placed an arm on (his/her/they're) shoulder. The (Human/Monster) jumped and quickly turned to face the celebrity himself, as he stood there.  

"Darling? Can we talk~?" (Y/N)'s face went pale before they quickly calmed themselves, and took a short breath and looked at the star directly. "O-ok, what is it?"

Mettaton paused before continuing. "Darling, I've noticed something... about you...." (Y/N) felt their heart drop, their favorite idol saw them doing something! Something Bad!? 

"Darling, I've seen you look at me differently than anyone else, you are opened with everyone else, but when I'm around, your so nervous... Afraid even?" (Y/N) face went pale, he had noticed... their behavior. "I've also caught you staring at me at times... Especially when I'm in my Ex form. You also try to sit close to me and help out at the studio at times. Even if you don't have to."

Mettaton paused before a cocky smirk appeared on his face. "And let's not even get into the many 'Letters of indorsement' and gifts you have given me," (Y/N)'s face felt hot, the air felt tense. "Yes Darling, I can tell it was you" 

(Y/N) sighed, the (Human/Monster) straightened up, they were at least two heads shorter or so than the Ex robot. "I-it's because," (Y/N) takes in a large breath before releasing "It's because of an m-may love y-you... More t-then a friend..." Mettaton's eyes widen for a moment before smiling, a genuine, sparkly smile. It was quiet, too quiet. The sounds of the music and talking inside were drowned out, unable to be heard. Crickets couldn't be heard, and the wind blew peacefully by. (Y/N) felt they must have made a mistake of some kind... They looked towards the ground, feeling that they had messed up. (Y/N)s heart was pounding... Inside, they were hoping for MTT to respond now, the suspense was killing them.

They felt too metallic hands wrap around their waist and pull them close until their body was connected to Mettaton's. (Y/N)'s face turned red with embarrassment and the fact that they were touching their crush. "M-Mettaton...? What a-are you d-doing!?" Mettaton didn't respond at first and, using his glove hand, lifted the (Human/Monsters) face by the chin. Breath Pause. Without much hesitation, MTT lips quickly closed in on (Y/N)s and finally, after a breath pause, connected. 

(Y/N) allowed their arms to wrap around the robot's neck, as MTT pulled (Y/N) closer to them. At that moment, nothing else mattered to them as they continued in that scene for a while, at least that's what it seemed to them. Sparks were flying in (Y/N), it felt incredible. (Y/N) and Mettaton pulled away from each other and stared and one another for a moment. Both smiling, cheeks with a tint of pink on each of their cheeks. MTT literally hearts in his eyes. This whole moment seemed perfect, nothing could rui- "Wow Kiddo, so you finally decided to admit your feelings." 

(Y/N) face turned red when they turned away and realized that Sans, Papyrus, Frisk, Alphys, Undyne, Gaster, Toriel, and Asgore had seen the whole thing. This caused (Y/N) to immediately turned away blushing, embarrassed. MTT and (Y/N) separated, with (Y/N) turning away. Undyne immediately rushed up to (Y/N) and patted them on the shoulder, "Nice one punk!" 

Followed by a tight hug from Papyrus, "WELL DONE (HUMAN/MONSTER)!!! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!" Alphys recording the whole thing, before putting her phone down and fangirling about this, Alphys was really the only one (Y/N) had told about this, and well, had been calling it her OTP. Oh well...

Sans, of course, congratulated (Y/N) with a pun, which caused Toriel to chuckle, and Papyrus to groan in annoyance. A thumbs up with both hands from the mute child, and some praise from both Asgore and Toriel. It was an interesting evening... Oh well, the (Human/Monster) just shrugged internally...

Now, (he/she/they) had an answer... They were in love... and it was with Mettaton.