Chapter 40

Joan pressed the doorbell waiting for the person to open it, after drinking to his limits, his legs dragged him to the place where he knows he will get comfort. Nick opened the door with an agitated face.

When the bell rings, Nick saw Joan standing in front of his door through the lens, he doesn't mind his visit, but Mook is with him, she reached his home today when he asked Mook to meet David, she rejected it by saying 'it's not a right time'

So he hurriedly locked her in his room and opened the door, Joan entered the house by pushing Nick aside, he went inside and dropped his body on the couch, Nick can smell the alcohol from Joan, he noticed the red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

Nick don't know what to say, he can't guess what might have happened that it leads his brother in law to this stage, when Nick tried to remove Joan's shoes he was pushed by latter hands.

Joan shouted, "don't you dare fucking help me!! I don't need your help! How could you betrayed me? Huh.. why? If you have doubted your sister, why didn't you alert me?..sobs...".

Nick got shocked by the news of Joan knowing the truth, he feels guilty for not revealing the truth before, he just sat on the floor with his head hanging low, after taking a deep breath Nick told, "I am sorry for not telling you before,  but I have my reasons"

"I and Nisha lost our mother at a young age, our father travels a lot to earn money, we got desolated in our home, we act as a parent for each other, Nisha always wanted to have a family and settled with love"

"Nisha is a kind girl, she loved and cared for everyone around us, she never hurt anyone, she always shared everything with me, even thought I am the younger one I always protective of her, when my dad found my sexuality, he wants to disown me but Nisha fought for me, she obeyed his every order just to keep me in home"

"When my dad wants her to marry you, I asked her to reject the offer, because I know how much she wanted to fall in love, but she didn't listen to me because my dad already warned her about disowning me, I just finished my high school so she thought I can't survive my dad, and she agreed to him."

"After marriage, she shared about her stress and depression to me, that's when I accept your offer to work in your business as an intern, one day she told me that she wants to end her relationship with you, I gladly accept it because I can see the love between you guys is not working"

"After days she stopped to share her feelings with me, firstly, I thought she might be busy because that time your son was living with you both, secondly, I thought she got matured but one day I saw her with a guy, I am aware of that guy because Mook introduces him to me, I was the one who lend him some money for his mother's operation"

"I didn't feel good about that, but I didn't doubt her nor questioned her. I saw, how Nisha getting close with Arthit whenever I visited you guys, I called her, and advised her to not attach with Arthit because he needs to return, that was the time I saw her expression changed"

"After that, she starts to avoid me, her call to me lessened, I once again saw her with Nate, so I start to investigate about them without their notice and find out all, then I met Mook and explained everything and asked her to take Arthit back"

"But we were too late, Nisha finds out about Mook coming for her son so she planned Arthit kidnap, once we got to the location we hurried there but Mook told me to wait in some distance because if it is a trap at least I will be there to help them"

"I am sorry Joan for not telling you, I am sorry...I also have..something to confess...that is..", Joan punched him and shouted, "what is there to confess anymore? If you considered me as a true family member why didn't you tell me all this before? Why? You could have dumbed this into my brain, you have rights to shout at me right, I treated you as my equal regards of the age difference! Then why didn't you stopped me!"

"I am sorry Joan, I don't know that time Nisha was willing to go far to kill Anyone to keep Arthit with her, so I don't want to risk, Joan? Joan? What happened? Hey?", before Nick finish his reason Joan collapsed, sighing  Nick get him to his guest room, he cleaned him and tied him to bed.

Mook enter the room and saw her husband in sleep, she caressed his cheeks and let her tears out, Nick went out to give them privacy, Mook closed the door and came out, she saw Nick putting ointment on his wound, she snorted, "is Joan punched you? When did he become this cold?"

Nick chuckled and questioned her, "After you leave him, love is a dangerous one, isn't it?".

she answered mockingly "to understand this, you have to love someone".

Nick shook his head and told, "I am glad, God planned to make me die alone this time!"

She laughed and told, "if you didn't set your expectations higher, then, by now you might already be with someone, but Nick, it's not too late, you still have time so allow someone to enter your heart!".

Nick laughed and told, "I don't know if I can find myself a lover now.... but..... I can find myself a sugar baby if I tried, can't I?"

She smacked his head, that day went by fast. The next morning after buying breakfast from outside, Nick entered his guest room after giving the food to Mook who locked herself in Nick room, the sight he saw is horrible to him.

He shouted in anger, "what the fuck Joan? Where did you get this drink?", but Joan just smiled at him and said, "ahh Nick, my friend you came, come and join me, I want to die, I want to meet Mook, will you please tell Arthit to forgive me and take care of him?"

Nick slammed the door hard and went out, he knocked on his own bedroom door, Mook opened and stare at him in confusion.

Nick exploded to her, "I can't do this anymore P'Mook, show yourself let's confess to him that you are 'Alive' before he kill himself!"

Mook sighed, she also wants to talk with him, but she doesn't think, in this state he will listen to her. After a thought, she nodded her head, both heads to the guest room.

Nick opened and enter with Mook who followed behind him, Joan was frozen in his place, Nick stated, "before you ask anything,  let me confess, that day after waited for some time I went to check Mook and Arthit, but before I reach near the building, it exploded"

"I checked around the building and saw Mook outside of the building, to escape from a fire she jumped out of the window, she got injured badly, the doctor told me to not get hope since she inhaled lots of smoke too, after a week they told me she went into a coma and they can't assure me when she will be up."

"I don't know what to do, I don't know if Nate is alive or not? I don't know who else is a threat to Mook other than Nate, I can't trust my sister too so I decided to wait until she woke up, she opened her eyes after 10 years, I was happy I thought it's time to fight back"

"But she didn't remember anything, so I asked her to go under treatment for her recovery for these years, last month only she got her memory back, trust me Joan, it's hard for me too, I don't want to risk because my sister already starts to doubt my actions so I didn't involve anyone"

After telling this he watched Joan, but the latter just stood there, eyes on Mook without blinking it, suddenly he smiled at her and hugged her while whispering, "finally, I have died, I die for you Mook, I want to apologise to you for accusing you. please forgive me! please forgive me honey!"

Nick watched the show with widen eyes, he screamed in his mind, 'did that guy listened to me earlier or not? What the fuck he is saying that he has died? Is he dreaming? oh shit!!'

Joan broke the hug, and point his finger towards the door, he said in a trembling voice, "d..did arthit...our precious son also died?".

"What is he doing here mom?" Arthit questioned, both nick and Mook turned their head quickly, there stood Arthit watching them from the door, suddenly they heard a thud sound, Joan collapsed once again, Nick released a exasperated sigh before shifting Joan to bed.

~~~~~