Prologue: The Observer

Throughout my time here, I've watched many people come and go. Friends, family, acquaintances, enemies, I've seen it all. Some failed, some succeeded, and some are even living happy lives right now, some...well, not so great.

But one thing I've observed the most is the will of these people who we call shinobis. Not everyone leads a happy life, some people are born not being the best, others are, some need to try everyday, pushing themselves harder and harder just to be acknowledged by others.

You may not have had the best skills, or led the best life, but people surrounding you were always your inspiration to try harder. You found goals you want to achieve, people you want to protect, and have always remained faithful to those people because you've realized that no great success is accomplished alone and with minimum effort. There's one shinobi in particular that I've observed who fits the description, but I'm sure you can figure out who.

Some other shinobi live in hate filled and obscure lives. But we must keep in mind that one's hatred is never the result of nothing, hatred comes from love that we once had and have lost. It's inevitable to lose people sometimes, no matter how hard we try and how much we'd want to change things, time doesn't heal everything or makes your own heart and will any stronger.

Through this pain, the desire to be filled is born, we may think our goals and ambitions have been accomplished, but sometimes life turns the tables on us. What we originally sought out for turned into a whole different situation, and there really is no stopping that. Sadly, I've also observed another ninja like this, and despite being my friend, the pain and hatred in their heart could not recede.

Other times, you may be watching as the people you love suffer, not being able to do anything for them, and despite telling them things like "I'll be here for you no matter what," it was never enough. Sometimes, "always being there" isn't sufficient, there are words that need to be said and heard, things that need to be seen and felt, and experiences you must encounter to become a wiser and stronger person. And when you are this person, you can become someone whom others can rely on. I'm glad to say that this shinobi that I observed has become the greatest part of my life.

Hell, there are even some people who own all the problems in the world! Exaggeratedly speaking of course. But that's besides the point.

Life throws some crazy stuff at you, what's that saying? Oh yeah..shit happens! However, there always has to be something, something even the smallest of things that gives you hope that things will get better. Be it your own self encouragement telling yourself "it will get better someday!"

We never know what exactly is going to happen to us next not can we control out fate, and we all know fate can be cruel. The kindest people you will ever meet are those who have suffered the most, a beautiful smile never defined a perfect life, however, defines those who can truly say that they are trying. It's all you have to do, just try.

Maybe the people you love have betrayed you, lied to you, hurt you, and abandoned you, yet you're still there because you believe that everything will get better. Maybe the people you love are slowly leaving or they're gone. Maybe everything you know may have been a lie, but who cares if it was?

Make a reality for yourself! Life isn't a journey to find yourself, it's a journey to create yourself. Furthermore, you can always start from scratch no matter where in life you stand or how many times you have failed.

"A mission is everything," they say, that's the number one shinobi rule we are ordered to abide by. But us, we live by a philosophy, "never abandon your comrades," stick by them! Don't betray them and never and I mean never think they are anything other than your friends, because these people will always stick by you no matter what. Even if you betray them or they betray you, true friends will always find their way back to each other.

Everyone can laugh at your face, throw stones at you, throw looks at you, call you weak, call you a traitor, but it's also a part of being a shinobi, being hated. I can say, from my observations, that this world is just oozing with hatred everywhere, and that's why people don't lead happy lives; that's why people are cursed with cruel fates; that's why people must watch their friends and loved ones suffer; that's why people betray and are betrayed. But from this, hope is born.

And one special shinobi that I have yet again to observe, inspires this trait in all. Tenacious, fierce, headstrong, kind, strong, and rational. The person who has carried and felt the hatred of this cursed world we live in is now working against every single odd they were put through to make sure that this world can be brighter and better for future generations. This shinobi has 99 problems, but the losing hope isn't one.

Whatever it is, our lives must balance out the good and bad, pros and cons of every situation we encounter. This is the job of any shinobi, above all else.

To endure.

So now, as the observer, I will continue to guide those shinobi whom I have mentioned, and as the spectator of my observations, it's your job to scout who is who, and who am I. You'll be surprised as you follow my journey and theirs, on how much your answers will change from this point.

However, I'll be waiting for your answer at the end of this rainy day.

- The Observer