-9-

y/n's pov

that must've been the weirdest dream i've ever had. i look around and found my in an unfamiliar, fancy room, laying on the bed all by myself. holy shit it wasn't a dream. i jump off the mattress and run to the door but it was locked. 

my phone wasn't on me, i left it at the club so now i have no way of contacting anyone.

"mattia?" i shout. as soon as i said his name i remembered that they killed someone right in front of me. "hello?" 

maybe it was best that i didn't get their attention, i didn't wanna see them or even been in the same room as them. frustrated, i sit back down on the bed and lay on back to look at the ceiling. 

the door knob twists and i see a shadow appear. "hey," mattia said, closing the door behind him. 

i scoot back to get farther. "stay away from me." 

"i'm not gonna hurt you," he answers calmly. "stop squirming around, relax."

"relax?" i shout. "alejandro killed someone and i watched it happen. you want me to relax?"

"you wanna be next? no? then stop yelling at me," he raises his voice. 

i was trying my best to not look scared but deep down i was terrified, terrified of the things he was gonna do to me. "how- how long was i passed out for? where am i?"

"just a couple hours," he shrugs. "and you're at my house so.. welcome back."

"i work for a murderer," i sigh. "the rumors were true. why didn't i quit the second i get." 

"cause you like me," he smirks. i slap him across the face without thinking. 

"i could never like someone like you," i spat. 

"but yet you dated xavier," he replies. "you dated someone exactly like me, i'm just the better version."

i gulp. "what're you talking about?"

"you know what i'm talking about," he nods. "xavier and i live the same lifestyle." 

"that's not true, he was crazy but he wasn't killing people crazy," i argue. was he? 

"you don't even sound like you believe yourself," mattia laughs. "he doesn't come home late at night? injuries he can't explain? secretive-- none of those things?"

i look down to the side refusing to make eye contact with him because he was right. "who are you?" 

"i'm mattia polibio," he scoots closer to me. "i'm the capo of the panthers, a mafia." 

"a mafia," i nod in disbelief of the situation. "out of every club in the city, i work for a leader of a mafia. wow." 

"you say that like it's a bad thing," said mattia. 

"are you gonna let me go?" i ask. 

"maybe, maybe not," he shrugs. 

before i asked my next question, i take a deep breath. "are you gonna kill me?" 

mattia slightly tilts his head and caresses my cheek with the back of his index finger. "if you give me a reason to." 

"so in the meantime you're just gonna keep me hostage here?" 

"you have access to food and water whenever you want, a king size bed, a walk in closet, a big ass bathroom, and most importantly.. i'm right next door," he smiles. "doesn't sound so bad to me." 

well i mean when you put it that way...

"can i leave the room whenever i want?" i ask.

"sure." that gave me a little bit of hope, maybe i can escape. "but don't think of running. all the doors and windows will be guarded by my soldiers. please don't make it difficult for them if you don't wanna be hurt." fuck. 

"how long will i stay here?"

"until i say so," he replies sternly. "oh by the way, lose the attitude. if any normal slapped me like that there would've been a bullet in their head by now."

"just because i live here now, doesn't mean i have to like you or respect you." i cross my arms. 

"you're bold thinking i wont kill you the second you piss me off Price." 

my angry expression softens a little. "so what makes me different than the rest? why not put a bullet in me right now for slapping you?"

"cause you might be of some use to me later on," he mumbles. "wonder how xavier would feel about me keeping his little ex hostage." 

how would xavier feel? would he actually come and save me? but then what? he'd keep me hostage at his house. i rather be here then with him but i didn't tell mattia that. 

"can you leave now?" i ask. "i wanna shower and sleep." 

"great, already making yourself at home." he stands up and walks over to the door. "night princess."

"do you have to call me that?"

"you don't like 'mamas', you dont like 'princess'... what the fuck am i suppose to call you?" 

"by my name," i answer. 

"i'll call you whatever i want, goodnight." mattia closes the door. 

a/n: hi guys, i'm a little curious on why you guys like my books :) like what makes my books different from other stories or what do you like about my writing style? you don't have to answer i'm just curious lmfaoo i'll probably ask this on my other stories too so if you come across this question again, just ignore it. i love you guysss

.