-50-

third person's pov

before avani isabella and y/n walked out of the room, colin walked in and stopped them.

"can i have a moment alone with my daughter," he says.

avani and isabella nod. "we're gonna go to our positions."

"i just wanted to say that i'm proud of you," her dad tells her. "i know this is a lot, and trust me i appreciate it so much. one day i'll try and make it up to you— i don't know how but i will."

y/n nods and smiles lightly. "just promise me no matter what, you'll just be there for me by my side everyday."

"i promise," he dad smiles back. "come here." the father and daughter embrace each other into a hug. "you look beautiful, i wish your mother could see you right now."

"me too," y/n whispers. "the ceremony's starting soon we should probably get ready."

"yeah." her dad pulls away from her and holds his arm out. "i love you."

she locks her arm with his. "i love you too dad."

though she was mad at her father for making her do this, she remembers that he's her only family. he's all she had left of her mother and she wasn't going to lose that.

meanwhile...

"is everyone ready?" mattia spoke into the ear piece.

"i'm waiting for your signal to i can start making my way to the roof," mariano replied.

"there's about 5 people guarding the entrance right now. they're walking around," kairi informed him.

mattia signaled his soldiers to move ahead and take out the men who stood guard. "mariano now."

quickly, mariano and his workers threw a rope with a grappling hook attached to it onto the roof, and climbed their way up.

as he was doing that, mattia's soldiers were dealing with the guards as him, kairi, and alejandro were watching from afar.

"we're up," mariano told them. "i see xavier at the front."

"is she walking down the aisle yet?" mattia asks.

"no— wait, people are starting to stand up, she's coming."

"let's go," kairi speaks. the three boys run to the chapel except 3 more of xaviers soldiers appeared. "ah shit."

"any time now guys," mar yells into ear set. "she's almost at the front."

"we kinda ran into a bump in the road," alejandro answers.

"we'll fix that," mattia mumbles.

-

xavier's smile grows at he watches his fiancée walk down the aisle with her father. the moment he's been waiting for is finally here.

y/n's dad dropped her off at the front of the room before taking his seat in the front row just besides hector.

"you look great," xavier whispers.

"thanks," y/n answered plainly.

isabella taps her foot repeatedly and looks around, wondering where mattia is.

"you good?" avani asks.

"yeah i'm just nervous for her," isabella lied. she glances up because she thought she saw someone on the roof but then turns back when the priest starts talking.

blah blah blah something about dearly beloved we are gathered here today to blah blah and sum about becoming husband and wife or whatever.

"if anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace." (copy and pasted from google ❤️love the internet so much)

before the priest could continue, the glass roof shatters, causing everyone to scream and cover their heads to protect themselves from broken glass. isabella forms a smile on her face, knowing exactly what's going to happen.

"me, i object," mattia barged into the room
as mariano and his men landed safely onto the ground. they shot every soldier that was aiming at mattia as he walks up to y/n.

"hold your fire," y/n shouted. all of the cobras and the kingstons lowered their guns. "mattia? what're you-"

"i love you," he interrupted her. "i should've said it the moment you told me. you are the best thing that's ever happened to me in my 21 years of living. and i don't wanna lose that. i won't be able to sleep at night knowing you're mad to... him."

"are you recording," kairi whispers to alejandro.

"yep."

"i don't care if you're a cobra," mattia continues. "i don't care if we were only born to get rid of each other. you bring out the best of me, you make me feel things i've never felt before and i'm not giving that up any time soon. i know you don't like all this cheesy stuff but i'd do anything to be with you. you're the first thing i think about when i go to bed, when i wake up— that's how i know i'm so in love with you."

y/n couldn't help but smile, feeling a rush of happiness overcome her, so she ran into him and threw her arms over his shoulder. "i love you too."

everyone in the room, stood there confused. some, unapproved, others happy to see such young people so in love with each other.

"yeah," xavier spoke, "i'm not buying it." with one swift motion he took the gun from a soldier near by and aimed at mattia's head.

instinctively, y/n stood in front of him and the next thing you know, the noise of a gun shot filled the room. once again, she was unharmed and confused. until she looked up and saw her dad fall to the floor with blood dripping down his shirt.

"oh my god dad," she ran to his side immediately. realizing, what he had done, xavier and his men flee the chapel. "dad why would you do that?"

her father knew that y/n would've taken the bullet for mattia, just as his wife had taken a bullet for him. like mother like daughter. "this is way long overdue," her dad whispered. "it should've been me 21 years ago."

y/n unbutton his tux and noticed the bullet was right there near his heart. "you can't leave me— you promised me." tears started flowing down her face by now. "you promised me."

"i'm sorry for making you do this, it was wrong. but you can be the girl i always knew you could be. i'm so happy to call you my daughter. as your mom always told me, follow your heart," her dad pointed to her chest. "i lost myself on the way because i didn't have your mom to guide me but knowing you were still out there kept me going this entire time. even without my guidance, you turned out perfect." mattia slowly walks over and bends down next to the two of them. "look out for her, mattia."

"always," mattia nodded.

"i love you," her dad says.

y/n took his hand into hers. "don't say it like that you're gonna be fine." but she didn't even believe herself. "i love you too."

sirens of an ambulance appeared in the distance, but everyone in the room knew it was too late. mattia wrapped his arm around her as they watch the capo of the cobras slowly close his eyes.

(a/n: me writing all this sappy and sad stuff when i just told my friend to go fuck herself ❤️🕺)

.