-64-

lol uploading another chapter cuz i feel nice

third person's pov

mattia sat on the edge of his bed looking down on the back of his watch. it was no coincidence that the girl he met earlier today at the restaurant had something so similar.

"you okay?" lena crawled into bed besides him.

"uh yeah," he answered. "i just.. really wanna know where i came from."

"i know," she frowned. "but whatever happened.. it led me to you." she placed her hand on top of his and kissed him. "i'm gonna sleep now. goodnight."

"goodnight," mattia smiled. he turned off the lamp besides him and laid down on his back, staring at the ceiling.

but all he can think about were those words: until we meet again. four words, yet he felt like it was so much more than that. he kept replaying the conversation he had with y/n in his mind.

"i know it's an odd symbol but it actually has meaning behind it."

"what meaning would that be?"

"peace, to me, it means peace," y/n answered.

-

the next day...

while walking to his restaurant, he passed by the local jewelry store on the way. mattia glanced through the window and saw a diamond necklace on display. (why does everything rhyme. or maybe this is sign i should start a music career. would you guys still love me if i was soundcloud rapper😍)

(a/n: when i put the text in italics, it means mattia's having a "flashback" moment and he's remembering events that happened in the past.)

"figured it look a lot better around your neck than in that vault."

"holy shit it's gorgeous. thank you for stealing this for me."

"anything for my girlfriend."

"excuse me?"

"i'm not gonna sneak around and steal a diamond necklace for just a girl. if i'm doing all that shit, it's gonna be for my girlfriend."

he shook his head and continued walking.

after he was done opening up, two men walked in.

"you guys are the first customers of the day," mattia greeted them. "there's a menu right there if you guys wanna take a look at it."

"uh, yeah sure," kairi said, not taking his eyes off him. "thanks."

"judging by your accent i'm guessing you guys are american right?" mattia asked.

"yeah we're from new jersey," alejandro answered. "i'm alejandro, this kairi."

"alejandro and kairi, interesting names. i'm mattia, it's nice to meet you guys."

"likewise," alejandro said smiling. not to be polite, but because his best friend was truly alive. and he did look happy.

"there's been a lot of americans visiting lately," says mattia. "i'm pretty sure i'm american too honestly."

"pretty sure?" kairi asked.

"oh yeah long story but i lost my memory about a year ago," he explains. "and it's obvious from the way i talk that i'm not from here."

"oh wow, how'd that happen?"

"my fiancée found me on the beach and i had this really deep wound— like someone stabbed me," mattia told the two boys. "but i don't remember anything else."

"that's quite a story," alejandro let out a small laugh. "least you're okay now."

"oh and we'll just get two carbonaras," kairi told him.

"another american actually ordered that yesterday too," said mattia. that wasn't kairi's intention, all of them just liked the same food.

"oh yeah, our friend y/n," alejandro replied. "she recommended this restaurant."

"does she want anything to eat too?"

"nah she's fine," kairi declines. "you remember her from yesterday? i mean i assume you have a lot of customers."

"i think there's just something about her that makes her memorable," mattia responded. "tell her to stop by more often."

"yeah.. for sure." alejandro knew y/n didn't wanna come here, it'd be too hard for her. but yesterday night he was almost sure he convinced her to come at least once in a while.

"so you mentioned you have a fiancée, where's your ring?" kairi asked mattia.

"oh yeah i proposed recently so they're still getting resized. i'll go tell the kitchen about your three carbonaras."

"oh we just want two," alejandro corrected him.

"third one's on the house for y/n. i'm sure she's gonna wanna eat it when it's in front of her," mattia laughs.

"thanks man, that's really cool," kairi shook his hand.

"you can tell her to thank me by stopping by in person," he smiled and then shook alejandro's hand. "it was nice talking to you guys."

-

"a certain someone wanted you to have this," kairi placed the carbonara in front y/n on the kitchen counter.

"who? mattia?" she asked.

he nodded. "it was on the house for you. he said if you wanna thank him you should do it in person."

"i don't know.." y/n mumbled. "how was it for you guys?"

"it's just really good to see him," alejandro smiled widely. "i was in disbelief but he's really here."

"we'll get him back one day," kairi nodded. "he's one of us."

.