-58-

(a/n: some of y'all boutta be real mad with me... but i will pretend i do not see 🙂)

mattia's pov

"congratulations," people in the warehouse started clapping as i walked in.

"can't believe you're actually engaged," kairi and alejandro walked up to me.

"i told you guys about it," i reply.

"yeah but still," alejandro said. "it's a big deal. for real, congrats. i never actually thought i'd see this day come."

"that makes two of us," kairi mumbles.

"nah, three of us," i correct him. "i guess when you meet the perfect person, things change. so how's avani?"

kairi chuckles. "we're good. i really like her."

"happy for you," i pat him in the shoulder. "anyway, we're taking a trip to the UK in a few months."

"for what?" alejandro asked.

"we want to announce peace to our people there in person," i answer. "you guys are coming right?"

"hell yeah, a trip to the UK? who would say no to that," says kairi.

"alright then, we're taking noah's yacht," i inform them. "you know he got y/n this really cool knife for her birthday?"

"why a knife?" alejandro scrunches his face.

"cause it reminds him of when she stabbed all his soldiers," i laugh. "that was a scary day, but in the end she did achieve peace."

"are you worried about noah?" kairi questions.

"no... why would i be worried about noah? should i be worried? why should i be worried?"

"kairi you're putting thoughts in his head," alejandro slapped him.

"no wait kairi why would you think i'm worried?" i ask again.

"chillll," he laughed. "im just saying it was a really nice gesture of him to get her a new blade. i don't know i thought you'd be jealous or something. but you shouldn't be."

i bit the corner of my lip. "i'm not worried. let's just go to work."

3 months later...

kairi, alejandro, and a few other panthers decided to join me on the trip to the UK. as expected, y/n brought avani, hector, bryan, and a few other cobras too. mariano and noah did the same, bringing multiple of their soldiers.

"are we all ready?" noah asks. everyone nodded and got settled in as his yacht set sail.

-

y/n was at the top deck watching the view of the clear water as the breeze blows against her face.

"i love the smell of salt water," she says.

"be careful by the edge, it's a long drop," i hug her from behind.

our friends were just sitting around and talking to each other while we were the only ones enjoying the wind and view.

she turned around for a little bit to look at the people accompanying us but then i felt her tense up.

"what's wrong?" i ask.

her head faces the view again. "one of noah's soldiers as been eyeing me ever since the alliance started. i just don't think he likes me.

i turn around and saw the kingston soldier staring in our direction but immediately looked away when i made eye contact with him.

"just ignore him," i shrug. "there's nothing he can do anyway."

"yeah..." she mumbled. "let's just enjoy our quick vacation."

later that night...

y/n and i were suppose to go back to the deck for dinner with just the two of us, but looks like i got here first.

as i waited for her, i stare into the darkness, realizing we were in the middle of nowhere. the thought kinda freaked me out. the only source of light were the ones coming from the yacht.

soon, i heard footsteps approaching from behind me, but they were a little too heavy to be y/n's.

when i turn around, i saw the kingston soldier that was eyeing us earlier today.

i raise my eyebrow. "can i help you?"

"you'll be helpful in a few minutes," he answers.

"what do you want then?"

"i dont trust you guys, and i never will," the soldier responded. "i don't like this new alliance— cause it isn't what xavier would've wanted. it was also you guys who killed him."

"he had it coming," i say strictly. "either way this alliance is staying, there's nothing you can do about it."

"but what if i told you there is something i can do about it?" he smirks.

i tilt my head in confusion. before i could blink, he stabs me in the stomach with a sharp knife.

"your death is going to spark up a war," he whispers in my ear, pushing the knife further into my body. "i was originally gonna kill y/n but you work too. once she finds out you're gone, she's gonna lose it. she'll blame everyone, her anger will blind her. aka, no more peace."

my body was in too much pain to do anything. i can only glare at him.

"sorry capo," he says before he throws my body overboard. as soon as i felt my body hit the water, everything went black.

(a/n: das tuff, das tuff, woo das tuff)

.