-18-

y/n's pov

"how was your run?" mattia asks. "was it worth leaving me alone in the showers?"

"it was fine," i reply dryly as i pass him on my way to the stairs.

"wait wait," he grabs my forearm. "wanna watch a movie in the movie room?"

"i don't feel like watching a movie."

"you wanna continue training then?" he asks.

"i'm tired, i wanna go take a nap before the ball."

"i'll join you," he smiles. "we can cuddle."

"i don't want to 'cuddle' mattia, i want to sleep on my own," i pull my arm away. the things this man does just get me to behave. he should get an award for the act he's putting on.

"what's wrong with you? why are you giving me attitude all of a sudden?" he crosses his arms.

i didn't wanna let him know that i knew about the $9 million because at the ball i was going to escape. if he knew i knew then he would get more soldiers to keep an eye on me.

"i told you i'm just tired. now are hostages allowed to sleep or not?"

mattia frowns a little bit. "don't call yourself that. you're not just a hostage. it makes it seem like i'm holding you against your will."

"but that's what you're doing aren't you? keeping me here no matter what?" i say.

"yeah but you make it seem like such a bad thing. like i'm a bad person."

i sigh. "last time i checked, being held against your will is a bad thing."

"did you switch personalities on your run or something?" he scrunches his face. "what's up with you, why are you acting like this all of a sudden?"

"i'm acting like how anyone would act if they got kidnapped, the fuck you mean."

"fine then," he throws his arms up. "you'll be free of me soon enough anyway. you're gonna find out i'm not as bad as some people then you'll be wishing i still kept you hostage."

i raise my eyebrow and play dumb. "what's that suppose to mean?"

"nothing," he answers. "go take your fucking nap."

"glady," i smile sarcastically.

i storm upstairs and slam my bedroom door. he makes me so angry-- just when i thought that he could become a good person, he proves me wrong.

knock knock

"what?" i shout.

"god damnn," kairi says as he opens the door. "i was just trying to say hi."

"hi. can you go now?"

"don't be mad at me cause you got into a fight with your boyfriend," he said.

"he's not my boyfriend, and i'm mad at all of you," i correct him.

"why? what'd we do?"

"why do you people act like you haven't done anything when you guys kidnapped me," i ask. "are you forgetting you're forcing me to stay here. fucking feel like rapunzel."

"rapunzel didn't go on a $4,000 shopping spree," he jokes.

"you're not funny, please leave," i point to the door.

"i tried," kairi shakes his head and closes my door.

-

i check the time and it was almost 8pm, meaning that we were leaving soon. i grab the dress that i bought at the mall when i went shopping with kairi. at the time i didn't care about the ball, i still don't, so i got the first dress i saw.

"yo you ready to go?" i hear alejandro outside my door

"yeah i'm ready," i say plainly.

he opens the door and his face immediately drops. "wow, you look great."

"thanks." i didn't say anything but alejandro looked really good too. the both of walk down the stairs where mattia and kairi were waiting by the door.

mattia turns his head and makes eye contact with me. "you look beautiful," he smiles.

you look amazing was what i wanted to say. like always he was wearing all black and he had a gucci belt on with a thin golden chain hanging outside of his shirt. "can we go?" i ask. "are we waiting on anyone else?"

"no, we're not. everyone else is outside," mattia replies.

"okay then, let's get this over with."

.