-37-

mattia's pov

"morning guys," i lightly jog into the kitchen, to the refrigerator.

"the fuck you so happy for?" alejandro asks. "did you have some good ass sex last night or something."

"wasn't sex but i did have a good ass night," i answer.

"with who?" kairi raises his eyebrow.

"someone," i vaguely respond.

"was it with a female?" said alejandro.

i didn't say anything and started making my breakfast.

"ah yes he's finally moved on," kairi smiles. "anyway, now that lover boy is in a good mood, we should start plotting against the cobras again."

i remain silent until i hear alejandro speak again. "mattia any ideas? should we try kidnapping y/n again somehow?"

"i think we should just focusing on empowering the panthers for now," i answer.

"why?" kairi scrunches his face.

"we don't even know if we're gonna be able to take down the cobras at all, so we could be wasting our time. why not just make us stronger so we can defend ourselves?" i suggest.

"true, they could strike at any moment," kairi mumbles. "and we need to be ready for when they do. especially since they have an alliance with the kingstons."

"can we just kill xavier?"

"oh yeah cause they're a slightly easier target than the cobras," alejandro nods. "that way the cobras won't have any alliances."

"yeah, that's the reason," i lie. at least now y/n won't have to marry that asshole.

"problem is, we don't know where they are either," kairi snaps us back into reality. "let's just group up with mariano, maybe he'll have some ideas."

y/n's pov

"what's it like being engaged to someone you totally hate?" avani asks. we were currently sparring together in the training room.

"exactly how you're imagining it, horrible," i answer as i block her punch. "can we take a break?"

"yeah." she fixes her hair. "we should run some 'errands' right now. practice getting away with things during the daytime."

"sure," i agree. "also it might give me the perfect opportunity to tell you something..."

she raises her eyebrow. "tell me in the car."

-

"AVANI," i shout. "you can just brake in the middle of the street."

"what the fuck do you mean you had sex with mattia when you were suppose to kill him?" she yells. "was that bruise on your lip from sucking your face too hard?"

"okay first you cannot tell anyone," i clarify. "promise me."

"but-"

"avani please. i need you right now to trust me more than ever. i know what i'm doing," i tell her.

she sighs and continues driving. "okay i promise. now tell me what happened?"

"my dad lied to me about mattia knowing who i was. he didn't know king cobra was my father or about my mom dying because of his dad," i say. "my dad admitted to lying too."

"so why did mattia hate you so much? he was pretty angry at the cafe when we ran into him the other day," said avani.

"cause his dad told him that i was spying on the panthers," i explain. "which is completely false cause i didn't even know i was a cobra until after the whole $9 million fiasco."

"so whats his excuse for selling you for $9 million?" she asks.

"that was just him being an asshole," i mumble. "but he really does care about me, vani. and i care about him too. i know i shouldn't but i do."

"i know you two like each other but there's just too much bad blood between the cobras and the panthers," she sighs. "not to mention, you're getting married to another man soon."

"and his dad killed my mom," i add. "trust me, i know it's complicated but when i'm with him, all the problems just go away." avani gives me a sympathetic look. "i wanna do right by my mother, but being with him feels so right."

"y/n, what're you gonna do when one day you, your father, mattia, and his dad are all in the same room. i know his dad is gonna aim to kill your dad and if you wanna protect him you're gonna have to kill mattia's dad. but then mattia's gonna wanna protect his dad which will end up in him possibly killing you."

"wow," was all i could say. "i'm just gonna have to pray that we never end up in the same room then."

"this is serious," said avani. "you and mattia will never work. you need to leave your feeling for him behind, no matter how hard it is."

"but when i'm donna i can-"

"you're marrying xavier," she reminds me. "you can no longer be donna. he'd be the capo."

"fuck," i groan. "i didn't even think about that."

ding

Messages

mattia
can't wait to see you tonight.

i still had 3 more weeks until all that was gonna happen so i'm going to enjoy my last drop of freedom with the man i should be with.

.