-26-

y/n's pov

later that night...

my dad's "best" soldier was going to be here soon to take me on my first mission. i kept pacing back and forth thinking about the possibilities of how this was going to end. 

"y/n," my dad calls me. i see him walk into the living room with a boy around my age with light brown hair and a middle part. "this is hector diaz, hector this is my daughter, y/n." 

hector shoots him a look. "so the rumors are true, you found your daughter. congratulations." 

"thank you," my dad chuckles. "i'm very happy to be reunited with daughter. protect her at all costs will you?"

"of course." hector looks at me and smiles. "you ready to go?" 

"yeah," i answer. "bye dad." 

"bye y/n be careful." 

hector and i walk out of the house and head to a black car that was parked in our driveway. 

"you got your mask and gun?" he asks. 

"do we really need the masks? won't the people be dead anyway?" 

"you never know if there are cameras around," he says.

"oh i got that covered," said a female voice. i look around to see where it was coming from but i didn't see anyone else in the car. "i'll hack all the cameras within 2 miles, police won't see a thing." 

"where is that voice coming from?" i ask. 

"that would be my sister, she's connected the car's speaker," hector answers. "avani this is y/n." 

"hey y/n nice to meet you, sorta," she laughs. 

"hey avani," i greet her. "so we can ditch the masks then?" 

"they're cool, i don't know why people don't like them," he frowns. "all right let's go." 

-

"y/n shoot him," hector yells. with all the pressure on me, i pulled the trigger and felt the bullet exit the gun. my first kill. i run my hand through my hair and watch the dead body on the floor. "you good?" 

"yeah that was just hard but not hard at the same time," i pant. "it was kind of exciting-- i don't know."

"we should search the area for some money or drugs," hector says. "put everything you find in the trunk." 

"okay," i nod. 

mattia's pov

"where you guys going?" my dad asks. alejandro kairi and i were about to exit the door until he stopped us.

"robbery," i say. "we're in a mood for some action right now."

"not tonight," my dad opposes. "a recent one just happened, cops will be swarming the area." 

i roll my eyes. "wow, who beat us to it?" 

"i don't know, one of our soldiers just heard about it and informed me so..."

"why wouldn't they just tell me instead?" i raise my eyebrow. "i'm the capo."

"yeah but i'm still your father and i've led the panthers for a long time," he said. "they still have respect for me more than they do for you." 

kairi sensed the awkward tension. "why don't we just check the cameras around the city to see who did the robbery tonight? see if they're competition?" 

"yeah great idea kairi," alejandro shouts. "let's go mattia."

i turn away from my dad and walk with the two boys into the computer room. 

"the cameras have been shut off so they're not amateurs," kairi tells us. "but whoever did this programmed them to keep the police out, not me." our equipment has always been better than the police force's. plus we had kairi and he's smarter. 

"you think you can play a recent footage?" i question him. 

"yeah just give me a second," he answers. "this hacker was good, definitely knew what they were doing." 

a couple minutes later, a video pops up on the screen of two people getting out of the car. i immediately recognized the first shooting someone, i'll never forget that face. 

"y/n," alejandro mumbles. "the cobras struck tonight." 

"she seemed pretty handy with that gun," i point out. "looks comfortable killing people too. and here she was scared of us for being murderers. my dad was right, she was pretending the entire time." 

y/n and some other guy started talking before they part ways and put some valuables they found in the trunk of the car. i hate to admit it but she still looked as beautiful as ever and with this new attitude, it made her more badass. 

"alejandro," i finally speak. "call some girls over tonight. i wanna fun." 

"how many girls?" he smirks. 

"as many as you can." 

(a/n: do you guys want anything to happen between y/n and hector?)

.