-66-

y/n's pov

it was hard to have a normal conversation with mattia. it was hard to even look at him without getting emotional. up until a couple days i didn't even know he was alive. it was hard to fight every urge in my body to hug him and kiss him.

"hey guys," i finally found alejandro and kairi in the store.

"hey," alejandro smiled. "what's wrong?"

"i just saw mattia at the front," i point with my thumb.

"that must've gone well," kairi said sarcastically. "how was it?"

"wonderful," i reply with the same energy. "have you guys seen any prophets around?" i try changing the topic.

"no," alejandro shook his head. "you sure the guy you saw outside mattia's restaurant was a prophet?"

"yeah i'm almost positive," i answer. "whatever. i'm not exactly complaining that we haven't seen him. do we have everything?"

"yeah let's go checkout."

alejandro and i follow kairi to the front and finish checking out all of our items.

when we walk outside, i heard distant noises coming from the side of the market and walked towards the little alley way as they follow behind me.

immediately, i recognize that one of the guys i saw fighting was mattia. a prophet was trying to kill him with a knife. he probably didn't use a gun because it would've caused too much attention.

i saw the prophet getting ready to engage the knife into mattia, so without thinking i quickly ran and pushed him aside. the blade hit my side instead causing a jolt of pain to spike through my body.

with the amount of strength i had left, i threw a punch at the man. by now alejandro and kairi caught up and did the rest.

"oh my god y/n," alejandro ran to my side and held me up the waist. "you're okay, you're okay."

"we should take to a hospital," mattia tried to stop the bleeding. "or we could take her to my fiancé, she's a nurse."

"no," alejandro yelled. his tone surprised mattia a little. "i mean no, it's fine. we'll handle it ourselves."

"dude, she's bleeding, she needs proper care," mattia argued. "we don't have time for this."

"i said we can handle it," alejandro responded.

i let out small whimpers as i watch kairi fight off the prophet and then stab him with his own knife that he carries around everywhere.

"you were right y/n," kairi said out of breath. "it is a prophet."

"what's a prophet? and why was he coming after me?" mattia asked.

"kairi she's losing too much blood we need to get her home," alejandro panicked.

"i-i can't move," i tell him. "kairi bring the car around."

he nodded and took off immediately with the car keys.

"i'm telling you, we should get her to a hospital," mattia said once again.

"and i'm telling you, we. have. it. handled," alejandro repeated. it was true, we had our own doctors here in france that were cobras and panthers.

"thank you for saving my life," mattia whispered to me.

wouldn't be the first time i tried to do it. "any time," i tried smiling.

"just keep your eyes open," alejandro instructed me. "you'll be fine by tomorrow, i promise."

i gripped onto his hand to try and calm him
down. my eyes were getting a little heavier until i felt alejandro smack my face.

"hey, i said keep your eyes open," he said. "i'm not losing you too. i can't lose you too." he turned his head a little and looked at mattia subtly. "where the fuck is kairi?"

as if on cue, we saw a headlights shining in the distance and the sound of a vehicle approaching.

"mattia help me carry her into the car," alejandro told him.

he carried me by my lower body while alejandro had my arms. kairi got out of the car and opened the door for us. 

"please take care of her and make sure she's okay," i heard mattia say to kairi and alejandro. 

"always," ale answered. "kairi, drive. and fast."

"don't worry about the body," kairi said to mattia. "we'll handle it."

ale got into the back seat with me as kairi went back to driver's seat and drove off. he still kept pressure on my wound while his other hand was interlocked with mine, rubbing it gently.

(a/n: yo mattia's fine as fuck lmfao what the fuck is this bullshit)

.