-27-

y/n's pov

"think that was pretty successful," hector laughs as we walk back into the house. "we stole about $2 million worth of things. your dad will be pretty happy about this." 

"so i take it went well?" my dad walks into the room. 

"your daughter's a natural," said hector. 

"so dad about that car..." i remind him. 

"we can go look at different cars tomorrow," he sighs. "and y/n i have a lot of things i need to talk to you about but we'll discuss them some other time."

"uh okay," i tilt my head. my dad says goodnight to me and hector and then walks back upstairs. 

"so i'm kinda curious about your life's story," hector sits down at the kitchen counter and leans back in the chair. "tell me how this all happened."

"you're the second person i'm repeating this to today," i laugh. i watch hector's reaction change every 10 seconds throughout the story as i explain everything from the beginning. 

"you and mattia-- he's a panther and you slept togeth- wow," he widens his eyes. "do you still have feelings for him."

"no," i answer. "i can't. he lied to me about my parents and was going to sell me for $9 million. since he knew colin was my dad, he was probably gonna kill me anyway." 

"okay good cause i was gonna say.." 

"my loyalty lies with my father," i confirm. "my main focus is just to get better and be on the same level as you and the rest of the soldiers."

"hate you break it to you but i'm pretty good," he jokes. "but i can train with you everyday and help you improve." 

"yeah that'd be great-- i feel like my dad has better things to do but he always says yes when i ask him to train with me." 

"well you got yourself a new training buddy." he dabs me up and pats me on the shoulder. "i gotta get home but it was nice going on the mission with you."

"yeah thanks for accompanying me," i smile. "night hector."

"good night y/n."

third person's pov

a week later...

as usual, mattia woke up with several girls his my bed, some completely naked, others slightly dressed.

"you guys can go now," he tells them. they got dressed and left immediately without question, scared on what he would do if they disobeyed him. over the past week he got colder, angrier, but more determined to be the boss everyone wants him to be. 

on his way to the kitchen, he saw alejandro passed out on the couch with a girl laying on his chest.

"ale," mattia shouts. "wake up." both him and the girl's eyes flutter open and they sit up properly. "tell your chick to leave." 

"you heard him," alejandro told her while stretching. 

seconds later kairi strolls in with new information. "cobras took out more of our soldiers last night." 

"it's like all of a sudden they got more powerful ever since y/n went back," mattia sighs. "should've killed her when i had a chance." 

"killing the daughter of King Cobra will bring hell to his city," kairi reminds him. "it's good that we didn't." 

"you're just saying that cause you miss your best friend," mattia mocks him. 

"acting like you aren't sleeping with all these girls cause you miss her too."

mattia slams his fist down on the table. "news flash kairi. y/n doesn't care about me or about you. her time here was strictly business to her-- we were her mission. i was just a mission to her. you were just a mission to her. so stop being a little bitch and start being a panther." 

he pokes kairi's chest aggressively, but he slapped his hand away. "whatever." 

alejandro sat there in silence, not wanting to admit that him, himself also missed her. he missed complimenting her to piss mattia off and he missed joking with her about the time they slept together. 

"we need a day out," alejandro mumbled. "we can plot taking down the cobras when we come back." 

"alejandro's right," kairi nods. "there's this new drink place everyone's been talking about, why don't we go check it out?" 

"yeah okay," mattia agrees. "let's change and meet at the door." 

-

the three boys walk into the new cafe, hoping that they'll have a good time and manage to be regular teenage boys for just an hour. if you were looking at them, that's exactly what you think, as they joke around and start laughing with one another while drinking their drinks. 

it was good while it lasted because mattia's smile slowly disappeared the minute he sees two people walk in. one of them being y/n.

.