-75-

a/n: oh chile. okay do you guys want smut? cause i'll write it for you guys even if i'm not horny 💀 i know it adds flavor to the story but i don't know if yg want it to be descriptive/detailed or quick and short. lmk 😔

y/n's pov

"it's good to be home," i let out a deep breath as i walk through my front door, putting my suitcase by the stairs.

"welcome back," bryan greeted me. (if you forgot, he's just a soldier) "is.. mattia with you?"

i shake my head. "uh he's still in france and he's staying there."

"i'm sorry," he looked down. "i know these past few weeks must've been rocky for you."

"you have no idea," i say. "but i'm starting over. and all i need to focus on now are the people in life. that just doesn't include mattia anymore." that sentence hurt a lot more than i expected.

"well, there haven't been any sign of the prophets lately," bryan informed me. "it kinda worries me."

"then i will use this opportunity to head to the bar."

"are you sure?" he asks. "at least go to one that's crowded."

"i know," i reply. "i just need one more day to myself before getting back into all of this mess with the prophets."

i walk back out my door and get into my car. being back in jersey made me feel better, regardless of our mafias in a middle of a war.

when i get to our local pub, i immediately take a seat at the bar and asked them to keep the bottle with me.

i knew i couldn't keep thinking about mattia for too long, it'd mess with my head. for the past year, he's been messing with my head and that's probably the reason i haven't beaten the prophets yet.

"well look who's back in town," a man said. i look to the side and see vincent walking towards me.

yes, vinnie hacker is gonna portray vincent ✨ vincent hacker ❤️

yes, vinnie hacker is gonna portray vincent vincent hacker ❤️

instinctively, i reach for my weapon at my side just in case. "what, you're gonna kill me in front of all these people?"

"love, who said i wanted to kill you?" he smirked, taking a seat next to me. "i just want us to have a civil conversation without going at each other's throats all the time."

"tell that to all my soldiers you've killed," i grit through my teeth.

"i see you're still mad about that," he said, still smiling. "you know there's a simple way to end all of this bloodshed."

"yeah?" i turn my head to him. "and what would that be?"

"join me," he answered. "become a prophet. i would love to rule jersey with you by my side."

"not happening. i'll carry on this legacy till the day i die."

"that's a shame. cause you know one day i might have to kill you, and i'd really hate that," he frowns.

"what do you want vincent— why are you here if you're not gonna kill me?"

"you just looked like you could use the company. i know a girl in distress when i see one," said vincent.

i take another drink of my shot. "please don't act like you care."

"oh god, don't tell me you're still mourning over that incel called mattia," he whines.

"i know you're not speaking bad about my dead fiancé in front of me."

vincent shrugs. "so what if i did? in my opinion, you could've done better than him." he looked me up and down flirtatiously and gave me 'the look'.

"do me favor."

"anything," he leaned closer.

due to my liquid courage i leaned forward as well, making us centimeter apart. "go fuck yourself."

he lets out a small laugh then leans back. "i'm gonna tell you something that i know you need to hear."

"oh please, i'm all ears."

"this life you're living right now, it'll never be enough for you. because just like me, you'll always crave more than what you already have. ever since mattias death you've lost yourself. you became more like me and that's why you hate me so much."

i glare at him, taking in his words wondering if he was right or not. "you'll say anything you can right now to get inside my head."

"i can offer you what you want. i can give you more. and all you have to is accept. "

"it's cute how you have a crush on me," i ignore his statement. "but in case i haven't made it clear, i'm not interested, and i'll stop at nothing until i watch your empire crumble."

"and here i thought you had a thing for sleeping with the enemy," he sighs.

i clench my jaw, but did my best to remain calm. "i noticed you sent one of your prophets to follow me around france." i change the subject. "sorry i had to kill him."

"no worries," said vincent. "his fault for not being careful." he poured himself a drink and downed it quickly. "you spent a lot of time in france— more than i expected. why is that?"

there was no way i'd ever let vincent know the truth about mattia. "isn't it obvious? i wanted to stay away from you."

"eh, i don't really believe that," he says. "you like me more than you think."

"whatever you wanna tell yourself to make you feel better."

"hm, you're hiding something," he spoke calmly. "if it's not your big crush on me then it's something far more important... doesn't matter. i'll find out eventually."

i felt intimidated. over time i've learned to never underestimate him. "well you've ruined my night so if you don't mind," i get out of my chair and push it in, "i'm gonna leave."

"you're gonna get tired of all this one day," he adds, making me stop my tracks. "maybe in a couple years you'll finally take my offer on joining me. greece is a beautiful place you know? i'd love to take you there."

"i-" before i could say anything he presses his lips against mine.

"sorry," he smirked. "tripped."

i almost forgot we were in public for a second as it took every ounce of strength i had not to punch him in the nose.

"or maybe i was giving us both a taste," vincent whispered before walking away.

(a/n: omg i didnt even realize we're close to 300k reads thank you guys✨❤️)

.