-11-

y/n pov

"you're not gonna hurt him are you?" i ask mattia.

"if he listens to me and doesn't put a fight then yeah," mattia smiles. "you want orange juice?"

"no i'm not hungry anymore," i cross my arms.

"why are people so difficult?" he replies. "i offered chris a drink and he said no and now you don't want orange juice either."

"i don't accept drinks from murderers," i mumble. 

"it's not that deep i'm just making sure you eat," said mattia.

kairi was watching us in amusement and quietly laughing. 

mattia heard him and then his face lit up. "kairi, why don't you take y/n shopping so she can get new clothes?"

"you're fucking kidding yourself," kairi answers immediately. "do i look like a personal shopper?"

"here's $3k." mattia throws the bundle of money at me. "buy whatever you want. kairi go with her. end of discussion." 

"i did not train my entire life to take a girl to go shopping," kairi groans. 

"well now you can train for when you get a girlfriend," mattia smiles. "i'll send two soldiers with you in case she tries to run away." 

"shopping would be nice," i say quietly. 

"oh shit i forgot about the mafia ball," mattia adds. (if ykyk) "here's $1k. you need to buy a fancy dress." 

i catch the money again and look back up. "i'm sorry, ball?"

"yeah it's like when all the mafias meet up for one night and have a good time without violence," he explains. "the perfect scenery for you." 

"do i have to go?" i ask. "i don't wanna be in a room full of murderers." 

"you're in a room full of murderers right now," kairi tells me. "what's the difference?"

i widen my eyes. "oh.. well when's the ball?"

"two days," mattia answers. "okay i'm gonna handle the deliveries today kairi. have fun shopping you two." 

kairi points at him. "you're taking her next time."

-

"sorry mattia made you come with me," i apologize to kairi as we walk through the mall.

"it's cool, not usually the missions i go on but..."

i chuckle. "can i ask you something?"

"sure."

"how do you guys kill people and not feel bad?" i ask. "how can you live like this?"

he sighs. "well it wasn't always 'easy' for me. i guess i just got use it you know? this is how i was raised. mattia, alejandro, and i didn't have a choice. kill or be killed, that's what we were taught." 

"if it was up to you, would you leave all of this behind? start fresh?"

kairi thinks for a little as we enter a store. "i don't think so. i mean yeah we do bad things but loyalty has no limits. i'd be nothing with mattia and alejandro. or the rest of the panthers." 

"i see." 

"are you scared of us?" he asks me. 

"well yeah. a little," i admit. "i'm just scared you guys will hurt me."

"to be honest with you, i don't think mattia would ever lay a hand on you," said kairi. "he seems like take a liking in you."

i raise my eyebrow. "really?"

"i've never seen him act this way before. it might not seem like it but this is the nice side of mattia," he laughs.

"that's.. hard to believe." 

"why is it that girls touch every clothing and call it cute but never buy it?" 

"it's cute but it might not be cute on me," i tell him. 

"what the fuck then why is it cute in the first place?" 

honestly, i had a good time with kairi, he was very easy to talk to. i can tell the both of us bonded today and it made me feel a little better about being kidnapped. 

a couple hours later...

"put her stuff in the trunk," kairi tells the soldiers. "i hate shopping." 

"it wasn't that bad," i smile. before i can open the car and get in, someone from behind grabs me and puts their hand over my mouth. 

"watch it," kairi shouts and aims a gun at him. there were two more people next to the man who got a hold of me. 

mattia's two soldiers shot them immediately but unfortunately one them got shot. kairi shoots the guy that was grabbing me and barely missed my face by a few inches. 

"you almost shot me," i yell. 

"but i didn't," he pants, running to me. "i know what i'm doing." 

"who were they?" i ask. 

"maybe some of xavier's men, i don't know." kairi wipes his faces. "get into the car. let's go home in case more people come." 

.