-77-

when wattpad gives me an ad while i'm tryna look through MY own story 😐 who do u think u r ❤️

y/n's pov

i had to blink a couple times to make sure i wasn't imagining this. "mattia what're you doing here, shouldn't you be-"

"with you," he finishes my sentence. "i belong with you."

i felt a smile form on my face. "you remember."

he smiles back at me before walking up to me quickly and kissing me passionately. it's been so long since i've felt his soft lips, i couldn't get enough.

we finally pulled away and i saw his eyes tearing up a little. he took my hand and put the ring back on my finger.

"don't ever take this off again," said mattia.

"i won't," i held his hand. "i've missed you so much."

"i know," mattia kisses me on the forehead. "i'm back. i'm not going anywhere." i throw my arms around him again and press the side of my head against his chest. "i'll always find my way back to you."

i let a couple tears fall from my eyes before wiping them. "wait what about lena?"

"i told her that you're my first love," he answers. "my heart belongs to you. she understands and wished us the best."

i felt bad for her but i just smiled and nodded. "welcome home."

"mattia?" avani said, shocked. "wow, you're really here. alive. wow. hi."

"hey avani," he chuckled and gave her a hug. "hope you've been treating kairi well."

"and you have your memories back wow. yes kairi and i are wonderful."

"good," said mattia. "i should probably go home and pay alejandro and kairi a visit." he stopped and stared for a second. "wow, home."

this was probably really hard him. he had to adapt to france and now he has to adapt to jersey again. but he wasn't in this alone.

"do you want me to come with you?" i ask.

"yeah," he nodded.

the both of head to my car and i drive us all the way to the panther's house. mattia was looking out the window the entire time, looking at the scenery.

"is it weird being back here?" i say to him.

"a little," he mumbles. "it's just been a whole year, a lots changed."

"we'll get through it together," i assure him.

he turns away from the window and looks at me. "i'm sorry for putting you through all this. i know this year was hard for you too."

"well you're back now," i respond. "that's all that matters."

shortly after, we arrive at the destination making mattia shift his body at the sight of his house. we make our way to the front door and ring the doorbell.

one of the soldiers answered, his eyes widen when he sees mattia.

"it's complicated but i need to see alejandro and kairi," he said. the soldier simply nodded and stepped aside for the both of us.

mattia and i approach the kitchen where we saw kairi and ale eating on counter. they looked up, hearing our footsteps and dropped their jaws.

"what the fuck?" said kairi. "mattia?"

"hey kai, hey ale," mattia greeted them.

"you remember," alejandro smiled widely, making his way to him. the three boys embraced each into a hug, swinging each other around.

"welcome back capo," alejandro nodded.

"ale i don't need that title. honestly it looks like you've been running things well here, maybe you should stay capo," mattia suggested.

"nah," alejandro shook his head. "a polibio should always be capo first. no one could do it as well as you."

mattia patted his shoulder and gave him a small nod. "so.. prophets are in our city."

"they still think you're dead," i say. "id like to keep it that way. don't plan on throwing you a second funeral."

"i've hated vincent since i was 14 years old," mattia told us. "thought i heard the last of him when his family suddenly disappeared."

"our soldiers said they haven't heard from him since we were gone," alejandro stated. "y/n, what'd your cobras say?"

"bryan said they haven't seen sign of any prophets either but i uh.. actually ran into vincent last night at the bar," i answer.

"what?" the three of them shoot me a look.

"what'd he want?" mattia raised his voice. "were you alone?"

"hey calm down," i shoot back. "i went alone but the bar was crowded. and it was just vincent being vincent."

"so he didn't try and hurt you?" alejandro asked.

"no," i confirm. "maybe we can just discuss this tomorrow?" he tried to seduce me.

"yeah," mattia agreed. "sleep over?"

"sure." mattia and i walk to his bedroom so he could settle in.

"it's still the same," he said, looking around.

"yeah we didn't wanna touch or move anything," i tell him. he sat down on his bed and gestured for me to come lay down with him. "after the yacht incident, for the first couple weeks i would come here and sleep in your room. everything still smelled like you."

he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly. "i can't do anything to make up for lost time, but i'll try to make the best of it now."

"just don't leave me again," i mumble.

"i won't," he responded. "i promise."

mattia lifts up my chin so that he could have access to my lips. it was a sweet kiss at first but then he got more eager.

.