-46-

y/n's pov

"uh lift up your shirt for me please," mattia finally says. did he hear me or not?

"okay," i mumble. i watch both hector and mattia clean my wound before they apply a huge bandage over it.

"i'm sorry again," said hector. "that was so stupid, i could've killed you."

"it's okay," i smile lightly.

"we should go home," he says. i glance at mattia but he was staring at the floor the entire time.

"we will, i just wanna talk to mattia first," i tell hector.

"y/n i don't think-"

"please hector. just give me a few minutes," i plead.

hector gives mattia a small glare before walking away.

i walk closer to mattia, but he still didn't take his eyes off the ground. "so uhm, i probably can't sneak out anymore since hector caught us."

"yeah i figured," he says lowly.

"did you hear what i said earlier? before you gave me the first aid kit?" i ask.

"i don't know— i don't think so," he answers. now i know for sure he heard me because he's acting weird.

i raise my eyebrow. "why are you lying to me?"

"i'm not," he denies. "i didn't hear you."

"well then let me repeat myself," i raise my voice. "i said i love you." mattia didn't say anything and looks to the side. i scoff. "wow."

"just come here," he pulls me in for a hug. "i care about you."

mattia's pov

she pushes me away. "care about me? right okay. you know i had this whole speech prepared about how once i got married you have my permission to move on, find someone else who can make you happy. then i was gonna tell you for the first time i love you and you were suppose to say it back."

i love you too. so why didn't say it out loud? maybe it's the fact that she's getting married in 5 days so there was no point, not to me anyway. if i said it out loud, losing her to another man would hurt even more and i don't want to be hurt. but there isn't anyone else i would want to make me happy.

"i don't want us to end this on bad terms," i say. "if this is the last time we're gonna be together, i don't want it to be us arguing."

y/n sighs. "yea.. you're right. i can't force you to feel a certain way about me." i frown at her words. "so let me rephrase. thank you for giving me the best 3 weeks of my life. you were the reason i smiled everyday so.. whatever."

i can tell she was sad but since she didn't want to be sad, she was mad. "don't be like that."

"well i don't know how you expect to me react," she says.

"i don't want you to walk away mad."

"i'm not mad."

"y/n-"

"no i can't do this," she interrupts me. "it hurts way too fucking bad. hector's waiting, i gotta go. bye mattia."

before i can even do anything she lightly jogs away towards her car. now i was mad. mad at myself for putting my feelings first instead of hers like. i always do.

-

y/n's pov

this wasn't how our night was suppose to go. i was suppose to be able to see him for 4 more days and tell him at the perfect time how i felt about him. i never knew loving someone who doesn't love you back could hurt this much.

"you dont have to walk me to my room," i say to hector. "i'm not gonna sneak out anymore."

"we have a lot to talk about," he responds. "starting with how you and mattia happened in the first place."

when i open my bedroom door i saw the lights on and my dad sitting on my bed. "what were you guys doing tonight?"

"i'm 21," i remind him. "i can go wherever i want."

"i know," he replies as he walks towards us. "i'm just asking."

"we took a late night drive to CVS," said hector.

whats the point in trying to keep it a secret anymore? mattia and i would never be able to be together, what am i trying to protect?

"no actually i was with mattia," i admit. my dad widens his eyes and i hear hector sigh. "for the past 3 weeks i've been with mattia every night."

"i'm sorry, what?" my dad almost shouts. "hector did you know about this?"

"i just found out tonight," he answers.

"it doesn't matter cause i'm still getting married in 5 days and mattia doesn't even love me back so you happy?" i say. the room was silent and everyone was avoiding eye contact with each other. "can you guys please leave? i'm tired."

hector nods and walks away.

"we'll talk about this tomorrow," my dad speaks before closing the door.

.