-38-

y/n's pov

later that night...

i didn't tell avani that i've been sneaking out to meet up with mattia at night cause i knew she'd probably talk me out of it.

Messages

y/n
where are we going?

mattia
i wanna go somewhere to eat

y/n
what would be open this late at night?

mattia
denny's is open 24 hours

y/n
you want me to drive an hour for denny's?

mattia
:)
see you there
seen

it sucked cause we always had to take separate cars, i couldn't risk him knowing where i lived, even if i knew where he lived. the only good thing about driving at night was that there was no traffic and the freeway was kinda quiet.

-

mattia was already in the sitting at the booth waiting for me. the moment i stepped inside i saw his face light up and he hugged me immediately.

"why are you so... smothery today?" i ask as he pulls away.

"cause i missed you."

the entire night i was distracted by what avani had told me in the car: this was never going to work out.

"mattia do you ever think what would happen after i get married?"

he takes a sip of his drink. "yeah, i was thinking about it all day."

"i'm scared one day that i won't be able to protect you from xavier or my father," i sigh. "they really hate you and i mean really hate you."

"okay i get it, they wanna kill me," he said. "new rule, no more thinking about the future. only living in the present okay? we'll worry about it when the time comes."

i smile. "okay. what're you doing tomorrow?"

"anything to do with making more money, i don't know. i'll ask kairi," he answers.

"does kairi hate me?"

"i don't think he hates you," mattia corrects me. "he was just hurt, we all were. he took it pretty hard-- i think your friendship meant a lot to him."

"it did-- does," i correct myself. "it does mean a lot to me. maybe one day you can tell him that it wasn't fake to me? that i care about him?"

he nods. "i'll tell him and alejandro the truth one day. how about you? what're you doing tomorrow?"

"i have to pick out a wedding dress," i roll my eyes. "god, i wish i can actually marry someone i have feelings for. this whole choosing the wedding dress, theme, and cake would be a lot more fun." mattia frowns a little and stares at the table. "what's wrong?"

"everything," he mumbles. "i wasn't one to think about that type of shit. marriage and children never came across my mind cause i didn't think i'd ever find someone i wanna have those things with. and now that i have, she's marrying another man and even if she wasn't, i still wouldn't be able to live that life with her."

now i was frowning too. "hey let's not talk about this anymore." i grab his hand and rub it gently. "let's just enjoy the rest of our night."

"wanna go to my car and lay down," he smirks.

"just laying down?"

"i mean unless you wanna do more, i'm not complaining."

i shake my head and clean up our table before exiting the diner and heading to his car.

for the first few minutes we actually did nothing but lay down and talk until i felt his hand trailing up my thigh. i glance up at him and saw him smirking before he leans in to kiss me.

"so not just laying down then?" i spoke through the kiss.

"guess not," he confirms.

smut warning

without breaking the kiss, mattia climbs above me lays me down gently onto the seats and slowly taking off my pants. he disconnects our lips only to place his on my neck, leaving sloppy kisses everywhere. i search for the hem of his sweatpants and pulled them down before grabbing his face and kissing him again.

"you're so beautiful," he whispers in my ear. i smile at his words and watch him align his length at my entrance.

mattia pushed himself in at a steady pace as i throw my head back and moan softly. once he was fully in he started thrusting lightly and put his hand against the window to keep himself up. i covered my mouth and tried my best to hide the moans, but he removes it.

"no i wanna hear you," he says breathing heavily.

he picks up the pace, making it impossible to keep myself quiet. the pleasure was too much for me to form actual words so nothing left my mouth except moans.

"fuck mattia," i almost scream.

i saw him give me a satisfied look as he continues his actions. i'll never be able to get over how good he makes me feel.

.