-69-

y/n's pov

i was resting in my bed, when all of a sudden my door flew open.

"knocking just isn't a thing anymore," i mumble.

"sorry," alejandro smiled. "kairi and i just got back from mattia's restaurant."

"how'd it go?" i sit up properly.

"great.. so we got invited to his engagement party," he said happily.

"you're kidding... i'm not going to that," i cross my arms. "that entire party is basically the universe stabbing my heart a million times. i think i'll pass."

"but he really wants you to go," he said. "he was super worried about you and he drove to every hospital in the area."

i sigh. "i just don't feel like going to my dead fiancé's engagement party when it's about him celebrating his love for another woman."

"i don't know where we're going with this," alejandro says. "just tell him the truth." i stayed quiet and looked down at my blanket. "besides putting his life in danger, what are you so afraid of?"

"that even once i tell him everything he'll choose this life over me," i confess. "that our memories won't be enough for him. that he stopped loving me."

alejandro's face softens and he pulls me into a hug. "there will never be something worth choosing over you." i hug him back tighter and rest my chin on his shoulder. "either way, we owe him the truth. he needs to choose for himself."

"i'm so scared. it's been a long time since i've been scared."

he pulls away from and takes my hand. "you're not in this alone. no matter what his answer is, i'm still here."

i smile and rest my forehead against his.

"did you tell her about the party- woah," kairi stared at us as we quickly pulled away. "what's.. going on?"

"nothing," i answer. "we were just talking about mattia."

"she's gonna tell him the truth soon and if he remembers then, we'll let him choose which life he wants," alejandro added.

"uh yeah that sounds fair," kairi said awkwardly. "are you going to tell him at the party?"

"i'm not gonna ruin his engagement party like that," i said. "i'll tell him another time."

"good point," alejandro agreed. "how's your wound?"

"doesn't hurt as much anymore but i'll give it a few more days," i shrug. "when's the party again?"

"next week," said kairi. "you still have time."

"okay well, we'll let you rest," alejandro gets up from my bed and walks out the door with kairi. as soon as i was alone, my thoughts trailed back to the moment i had with alejandro minutes ago.

alejandro's pov

i started walking to my room but kairi stopped me. "what was that?" he pointed.

"what was what?" i ask.

"you know what i'm talking about," kairi says sternly. "why were you and y/n like-"

"like what kai? what exactly did you think happen?"

"i dont fucking know, that's why i'm asking you," he replied. "what did i see?"

"you saw a guy, comforting his friend who was upset," i answer. "i was just trying to help her okay?" i shove past him and continue walking.

"alejandro," he calls me. "it doesn't take a genius to sense what was really going on. whatever you're thinking, stop thinking it."

i let out a quiet sigh and disappear around the corner. yes, maybe over the past year i started feelings things i shouldn't but i didn't mean for it to happen. i never acted on it either.

once mattia asked me how i felt about it earlier today i started thinking more about it but i meant what i said. i could never do that to mattia. this is just a phase and it'll eventually pass.

ding

mattia

mattia
hey it's mattia

alejandro
oh hey whats up

mattia
i just wanted to tell you the info
about the party

alejandro
oh yeah for sure

mattia
it's at a venue near the beach
*address*
and dress nice

alejandro
got it thank you

mattia
i was wondering if you and
kairi wanted to grab some
drinks at the bar in a couple days?

alejandro
yeah i'm down
i'll let kairi know

mattia
okay cool
see you guys soon

maybe this is what i needed, a day with the boys. even if mattia doesn't remember anything, to me it'll feel like old times. i didnt realize how much i needed him to keep me in check.

i'm not meant to be capo. this title has always and still belongs to mattia polibio.

.

Attached || Mattia PolibioOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara