-53-

(a/n: LMFAO i've missed reading y'all's comments. also i'm not horny and i havent been lately so writing smut feels weird i'm sorry)

y/n's pov

a couple weeks later...

to my surprise everything's been going well lately, except there are a few cobras and panthers who have gotten into arguments once in a while. nothing we couldn't solve. kairi and avani have been working non stop lately to try and locate xavier and alejandro and hector got along really well. (to clarify i am not making ale and hector fall in love thank you for ur time)

knock knock

"come in," i shout.

"hey," mattia walked into my room. "i was just at the warehouse and i wanted to stop by." he crawled into bed with me and gave me a kiss. "i got you something."

i tilted my head. "what's the occasion?"

he reached into his pocket and grabbed a little box. "for finally achieving peace between our mafias."

i opened the box and it revealed a small locket with a cobra wrapped around a panther's paw carved in the middle. "wow. such a powerful symbol."

"that's why it'll look great on you," he smiled.

"thank you." i put the locket on my nightstand and got into a more comfortable position to cuddle with him. "if you weren't the capo of a mafia, what do you think you'll be?"

mattia chuckled. "i never really told anyone this but honestly i could see myself owning an italian restaurant."

"i mean you're italian and you can cook so it's not really surprising," i laugh.

"what about you? would you still be working at my club?" he asked.

"uh yeah probably," i shrug. "i didn't really have any other plans so in a way, i'm glad all of this happened. i'm glad you killed someone in front of me and then kidnapped me. i finally feel like my life has meaning."

"your life always had meaning," mattia corrected me. "but you changed my life for the better too, you know? i wouldn't be who i am right now if it weren't for you."

i smile lightly at him. "being with you feels worth it. like after all the shit we went through, it feels rewarding to be with you. i'm actually happy."

he pecked my forehead. "i'm happy too."

the next day

mattia slept over last night since it was late anyway, so the both of us went downstairs only to find hector, alejandro, avani, and kairi in my living room.

"oh hey guys," i greeted them. "what're you guys doing here?"

"we think we might've found a lead on where xavier is hiding," kairi said.

mattia glanced up quickly. "where?"

kairi opened his laptop and did some typing before showing us the screen. "he's been hiding under our noses all along. this abandoned building that no one has touched in years, suddenly has been getting cars passing through that area everyday."

"hector and i already came up with a plan on how we should take them down," says alejandro. "you two should go get your equipment. let's do this now."

"i need to stop by our house first," mattia responded to him. "we can meet at the location. kairi, alejandro, you guys are coming with me." he walked over to me and pecked me on the lips. "until we meet again."

"to be clear," i spoke before they exited the room. "xavier is my kill."

they nodded and headed to the front door.

"we should get ready too," avani suggested. "nice locket by the way."

"thanks," i smile. "call bryan, tell him to come over right now. i'm gonna go get ready."

"will do," hector replied.

-

hector explained the plan to us in the car while bryan was driving us to xavier's location. two other cars filled with my soldiers were taking a different route but we all were eventually going to meet up soon.

"woah wait i don't know if i can do that," i tell hector.

"there's no one who wants the opposite," said hector. "after you kill xavier, offer them a chance at living in peace."

"you want me to give a speech about peace after i kill their leader?" i semi shout. soon an idea popped into my head. "if that doesn't work, i have another way."

"and that is?" bryan asked.

"let's call it plan B for now," i mumble. "and let's hope we don't have to use it..."

minutes later, we arrived near xavier's new hideout and parked the car afar. mattia, alejandro, and kairi arrived shortly after us and we all remained in hiding.

"did you tell y/n she has to prepare a peace speech?" alejandro asked hector.

"i really hope that works," i say.

"she said she has a plan B anyway," avani tells them. "she won't tell us what it is though."

"it's not necessary right now that's why," i explain. the rest of our cobra and panther soldiers appeared in the distance and parked their cars close to ours.

"okay now that we're all here," mattia began, "the panthers and i will go through the back. xavier might not be expecting us to work together so this might take him by surprise."

"so are we using force to go through the front?" bryan asked.

mattia nodded. "be safe and stay alive. please. i don't need anyone dying on our watch." he looked at me the entire time as he said that.

"hey, be careful," i hear kairi whisper to avani.

our two groups split up as we mentally prepared ourselves for what's going to happen in that building.

.