-20-

mattia's pov

"kairi what the fuck was that?" i shout.

" 'that' was me looking out for the panthers. we can't start a war with him-- too many of us will die," he answers. "i know you care about her-- i do too, but she's one life vs. the hundreds that we could loose."

"she's not just any normal person kai, i like her." 

"i know you do," he whispers and puts his hand on my shoulder. "but we have to think about our people first. we can try getting her back one day." 

"we're getting her back as soon as possible, let's go home and figure it out right now," i order. "and where the fuck is zoey?" 

"i'm not sure i haven't seen her all night," said alejandro. "she can meet us back at home." 

"i'll have a surprise waiting for her," i mumble. 

y/n's pov

"where are you taking me?" i ask.

"my place," xavier smiles. 

"that apartment on First Avenue?"

he chuckles. "no that was just a fake apartment i had so that i could blend in and be with you. you would ask so many questions if you saw my real house." 

"my first thought wouldn't have been that you were in a mafia," i say lowly. 

"actually change of plans," said the man. "she's coming with me." 

"what?" xavier shouts. "but-"

"i paid half of it too," he reminds him. "putting down $4.5 million should let me have a say in this shouldn't it?"

"i-i guess, but what do you even need her for?" xavier asks. 

"i give you my word that no harm will come to her," the man ignores his question. "you will be reunited with her soon enough." 

"uh, okay then," xavier frowns. "sorry babe, i thought we'd finally have some time together but we'll have to wait." 

"i'm not really fucking complaining," i roll my eyes. 

"very well, come with me," the man gestures. 

i hesitate at first but then a few of his soldiers pushed me in his direction so i had no choice. great, now i'm going with a complete stranger. 

mattia's pov

midnight...

it was completely dark downstairs, the only source of light i had was the moon, beaming through the windows. i've lost track on how many drinks i've had already, but it seems like no matter how much i consume, the anger and sadness is still there. 

then i hear the front door open, with the clicking of heels getting louder and louder towards me. y/n wore heels tonight. 

"y/n?" i call out. my disappointment came back when i saw who entered the kitchen. "you got some nerve coming back home, zoey." 

"i did what needed to be done," she replies, quietly. 

"you don't get to decide that," i raise my voice. "i have no idea where she is... not even one lead." 

"do you really care about her?"

"are you stupid? i was coming close to loving her," i answer. "fuck." without thinking i throw my glass cup against the wall and watch the pieces shatter everywhere. "she should be right here standing next to me right now."

"i'm sorry," zoey whispers. 

"you remember what i said if you questioned my authority again?" i ask her. 

"mattia i've been here almost the longest, i've displayed nothing but loyalty to your family for more than 10 years," she yells. "don't do this." 

i sniffle a little bit. "should've kept the loyalty going... fine, i'm giving you 12 hours to flee the city. if i see you again, i will kill you." 

"what? you're kicking me out?"

"clock's ticking," i say. 

she sighs and runs towards the door but before she could open it i shoot her in the back of the head. the loud noise made kairi and alejandro run out of their bedrooms. 

"yo what happened?" alejandro shouts.

"nothing," i answer. "i'm going to the computer room." 

"it's late... maybe you should go to sleep-"

"i'll do whatever i want," i cut him off. 

y/n's pov

"make yourself at home," the man smiles. 

i look around at his house while my mouth remained dropped the entire time. "i'll never get how you people get so rich." 

"you'll understand soon enough, have a seat," he points to the couch. "soldiers, please exit the room." 

"yes boss," they say in unison. 

the second i realized i was alone with him spiked fear in my body. i didn't know what he was going to do to me-- i didn't know what he was capable of but i don't want to find out. 

"are you going to hurt me?" i ask. 

"oh come on," he takes a seat next to me. "now why in the world would i ever lay a finger on my daughter."

.