-55-

(a/n: lmfaooo there was this one part from the last chapter where i was talking about her "kid" but i was referring to the future as in if she ever did get pregnant, everyone would hate her kid bc she's the donna of the cobras. if that makes sense. no baby.)

y/n's pov

I took off my jacket and placed my gun on a table nearby before tying my hair up. 

"you've been training with me," hector said. "you'll be fine." 

"or you'll be screwed because hector taught you," avani shrugged. 

"not helping," hector whispered. "you got this."

i nod and look at mattia while he was clenching his jaw. "this is the worst idea you have ever come up with."

"thank you for your support," i kiss him on the cheek. 

"okay," kairi yelled. "who's going up first?" 

the first kingston soldier stepped in the center of the room with nothing but a knife in his hand. i walk up to him and nod my head as a signal to start. he threw the first punch at me but i quickly dodged it and bent down to stab him in the stomach. 

"you are either with us, or you are against us. choose," i shout. 

the next soldier ran up to me and hit me across the face before attempting to stab me. luckily, i moved aside, but not enough cause he cut my arm. 

mattia was biting the nail of his thumb nervously while watching and maintaining eye contact. 

i elbow the soldier in the face, hearing his nose crack and then stabbed him in the stomach as well. 

"you are either with us, or you are against us," i repeat. "choose."

once again, many soldiers stepped into the center of the room, and they managed to leave multiple cuts and bruises on me. but still, that didn't save them from my knife. 

i was out of breath at this point, i was so tired. my entire arm and shirt was covered in their blood. "you are with us. or against us. choose."

"you're running out of energy," bryan whispered. "there's only so much more you can take."

one by one, soldiers attacked me, but the slightest hesitation left them vulnerable. "anyone else?" my voice was strong, but my body wasn't. bryan was right, there's only so much more i can handle. 

five soldiers were left remaining by they didn't move from their spot. 

"she said anyone else?" mattia yelled.

"we are with you, or we are against you," a soldier spoke up. "we've chosen." 

i felt relieved and let out a deep breath. all the wounds on my body were now starting to hurt so much that i couldn't concentrate. 

footsteps began appearing and more people entered the room. 

"what's going on in here?" the man asked. 

i turn my head and look at him. "who are you?" 

"i'm noah, xavier's underboss-- where is he?"

"dead," i point to his body, along with the other injured soldiers who challenged me. "do you wanna hear about what i have to offer or do you wanna be next?" 

"i'm not like xavier," noah replied. "if i was you, wouldn't be alive right now."

"watch it," mattia placed his hand on his gun. 

"regardless, you have no choice but to talk," noah turned back to me and examined my wounds. "doesn't really look like you can put up more of a fight."

"if you wanna test that theory just let me know," i said. 

noah crossed his arms and stayed where he was. "are you going to talk?"

"that's all i want from now on," i begin. "i don't want to fight anymore, i want peace between all of us." 

"that's never happened before."

"i know," i nod. "i want that to change. none of our people have to die anymore."

he turns to the side and looks at all the kingston soldiers who were still alive, but barely. "you say that right after you tried to kill all those soldiers?"

"i gave them a choice. they chose the wrong one," i explain. "your turn to choose, capo. are you with us, or against us?"

noah maintains eye contact with me for the longest time until he finally opened his mouth. "i'm with you. i'll do my part to keep the peace as best as i can, you have my word."

"wait what?" one of his men said. "you can't trust them, they just killed xavier." 

"quiet," he raised his voice. "i'm tired of fighting. and now we can go back to our original warehouse."

"good," i sigh. "i will do my part as well."

"but if anything goes wrong, if you show any sign of you going back on your word, then the alliance is over," noah said sternly. 

"that won't happen, not from me anyway," i assure him. "thank you."

he nods and watches us leave the room. 

.