-31-

y/n's pov

three days later...

today's the day that i'm going to carry out the hardest mission i've come across so far: killing mattia polibio. for the past two days i've been trying to convince myself that it was for the best, that if mattia was told to take my life, he wouldn't think twice about it so i shouldn't either.

this is the man who kidnapped me, used me, and lied to me about everything. the sooner he's gone, the better. right?

knock knock

"come in," i shout.

hector swiftly opens the door revealing him in a simple party outfit. "how are you feeling?"

"good," i nod nervously. "why?"

he raises his eyebrow and puts his hands on my shoulder. "you know why."

"he's the enemy," i say. "i just have to keep reminding myself that."

"the car leaves in 5 minutes, do you have everything?" hector asks.

i lift my dress slightly to reveal the band around my thigh that was holding up a knife. a gun would've been too loud and attract attention so a blade it is.

"perfect," he smiles

"perfect," he smiles. "let's go."

mattia's pov

"go over the plan again," said kairi.

"first we're gonna look for her," i explain as i fix my outfit, "then when we find her, we're gonna completely ignore her presence and wait for the perfect moment for me take her."

"knock her out and then take her to the back," kairi tells me. "we'll have a car waiting."

"i might have some fun with her first," i shrug. "throw some few punches here and there. scare her a little."

"we don't know how skilled she is in fighting. don't underestimate her."

i scrunch my face. "who do you think you're talking to."

"bring that knife just in case," kairi points.

"fine." i grab it and tuck it somewhere that wasn't noticeable.

"alright then," kairi adjusts the collar of his shirt. "how do i look?"

"sexy," i wiggle my eyebrows.

"yo you guys ready?" alejandro shouts from the door.

"coming," i shout back. "here we go."

-

we pull to the club that was hosting the masquerade party and get out of the car one by one.

"let the fun begin," alejandro smiles.

kairi and i smirk at each other and then put on our masks before walking in.

the room was loud, dark, and had different colors flashing once in a while

the room was loud, dark, and had different colors flashing once in a while. everyone in the room had a different mask on and a glass of champagne in their hands.

"this place is so crowded," said kairi.

"what?" alejandro shouts.

"i said this place is so crowded," he repeats.

"you wish you sprouted?"

"crowded," kairi yells.

"let's split up and look for her," i order.

the three of us go our separate ways and start scanning the room discretely. i went to the place i figured she go to first, the bar. and there she was, leaning against the tall table with a white mask and a short skin tight dress. kairi and alejandro wouldn't have been able to tell it was her, but trust me, i remember every feature of that body.

third person's pov

as y/n, hector, and avani hang out at the bar, mattia started talking to a random girl so that he could blend in more.

"hey," he said smoothly.

he caught the girl's eye immediately cause you can tell how attractive he was even with the mask on.

"hi," she answers flirtatiously. "i've never seen a guy like you around here before."

"i'm sure you haven't," he replies. "you would definitely remember me."

she admired his confidence and grew more attracted to him by the minute.

meanwhile...

"to your right," hector mumbles. "mattia's right there."

y/n turns her head and saw the 6'1ft man flirty with the girl. "i need to lure him somewhere, where we can be alone. he won't be able to resist coming after me. i'm sure he has a few things to say."

"upstairs to the private, VIP rooms," avani gestures with her head. "stairs are right there in the back, past mattia."

y/n nervously chugs her drink and finishes it. "well you already know what's gonna happen next."

"hey be careful okay?" said hector. "you don't know if he's armed or not."

she nods and touches his hand before strolling away from them. mattia caught her walking towards him and eyed her up and down. without making eye contact, y/n walks straight past him and heads up the stairs.

this is was his chance to get her alone. "excuse me for a minute," he told the girl politely. he turns around and heads to the stairs, just a few feet behind her. in a matter of moments, these two would finally be face to face.

.