-35-

mattia's pov

"dad?" i shout from the kitchen.

a few minutes later i hear footsteps coming down the stairs. "yes?"

"why'd you lie to me about y/n spying on us?" i cross my arms.

"i didn't lie to you."

"cut the crap," i say. "we never had the best relationship but i never thought we'd start lying to each other any time soon."

"it was for your own good," my dad admits. "you were falling for the enemy, a cobra. i couldn't just sit back and watch it happen. especially when the future of the panthers, are in your hands."

"i don't like being lied to."

"and i don't like my son getting in bed with a Price, so i guess we can't always have what we want," he replies. i shake my head and look to the side. "look, to me, it was small price to pay. ever since you found out, you got more focused and determined. you became the capo i always knew you could be. whether i show it or not, i believe in you. you can't be with that girl-"

"she's getting married," i cut him off. "there's no point."

my dad looks at the floor. "who's she getting married to?"

"i don't know," i mumble. "but you win dad, as always. she's going to be committed to another man sooner or later and it isn't me."

"not like she could've been committed to you anyway," he said. "there are a lot of wonderful girls out there in the world. just please choose one that isn't a price."

i don't say anything so my dad turns around and walks back upstairs. the thing is i don't want another girl, i want y/n. i just need a way to contact her and change her mind.

y/n's pov

the next day

before going on my run, i went to my kitchen to grab something to drink, but instead i saw a horrific sight.

"well if it isn't my fiancee," xavier smiles.

"soldiers," i shout. "please get this man out of my house."

"oh stop being so petty."

i roll my eyes and go to the fridge. "what do you want? why are you here?"

"since we're gonna get married in about 3 weeks, i thought it'd be nice to rebuild our connection before the big day."

i scrunch my face. "but you were a terrible boyfriend and i don't like you."

"you were in love with me before, you can be in love with me again," said xavier. "as for me, i never stopped loving you."

"lucky me..."

"i paid big money to save you from those filthy panthers-- the least you can do is give me a thank you kiss."

"how do i put this in a nice way," i think. "i rather be kidnapped by them again and live in their basement. if you won't leave, then i will."

"where you going?" he asks.

"on a run," i shout.

"okay be safe and when you get back, we should start choosing the wedding cake."

mattia's pov

later that night...

as i walk into my club i saw y/n's friend isabella working at the bar, giving me an idea.

"isabella right?" i walk over to her.

"yeah. hi mr. polibio," she greets me.

"oh just call me mattia," i say. "do you know where y/n has been? cause i really need to talk to her."

"uh.. no i haven't been talking to her," she answers. "s-sorry."

"i know you're lying to me," i state. "i just need her number. it's important."

"i can't do that, i'm sorry," she frowns. "i promised her i wouldn't tell anyone where she is."

"okay but technically you're not telling me her location," i point out. "i just need her number, please? i miss her."

"i knew it, you do like her," she shouts.

"yes you caught me," i lightly tap the table. "so will you give me her number?"

"fine, let me grab my phone," she says.

"thank you." while isabella was walking to her purse, i saw an envelope on the table with fancy writing on the front. "what's this?"

she quickly grabs it. "it's just a wedding invitation."

"a wedding invitation?" i raise my eyebrow. "cute, who's the happy couple?"

"oh.. just some old friends from high school," she chuckles. "but hypothetically speaking, let's say y/n was getting with another guy that was totally wrong for her, would you do anything about it?"

"yeah i would kill him," i say bluntly. she had a weirded out expression on her face. "kidding, kidding, but yeah i would fight for her, if that's what you mean."

"good, okay," she shows her phone screen to me. "here's her number."

"thank you isabella, you're a lifesaver," i type in the number into my phone. "and are you sure your question was hypothetical?"

"mhm," she hums.

"well then hypothetically asking... who's the guy that's 'totally wrong for her'?"

"hypothetically, it would be xavier," she answers. "don't tell anyone it's suppose to be a secret-- hypothetically."

"xavier huh?" i grit through my teeth. if the kingstons and the cobras unite their groups that would be a big problem for everyone. "okay then. by the way you're getting a raise."

"oh cool," she smiles.

"i gotta go now but i'll see you later." while walking out the door i send a text to y/n.

hey princess, meet me at this location. see you soon

.