-79-

i'll make a better smut later for you horny fucks. i hope y'all know my face the entire time i write smut is this 😣😣😖😖😦😦. yg are use to "daddy" kinks and shit that's why smh

y/n's pov

mattia and i made our way downstairs to meet up with alejandro and kairi.

"someone here convince this man to not go public with his return at the mafia ball please and thank you," i shout.

"mattia are you crazy?" kairi asked.

"i'm not fucking hiding from vincent," mattia replied.

"you're not letting your pride get in the way this time," alejandro argued. "this is serious, mattia. we could use this to our advantage somehow."

"i want him to know i'm alive," said mattia. "i want my existence to taunt him, to rub it in his face that i'm alive and he can't do anything about it."

"but he can do something about it," i add.

"so i'll be careful then. i'll start training right now, get back on track," mattia shrugs. "the three of you need to stop worrying about me. it's not a big deal."

"yeah buddy it's not like we didn't lose for you a year or something, no big deal," kairi mumbled as he walked out of the room.

mattia sighs and wipes his face. "i didn't mean it like that."

"i'm gonna go get food for us," i say, breaking the awkward tension. "i'll be back."

"yeah stay safe," alejandro responded.

i nodded and saw mattia look at him a slight annoyed expression. whatever, these boys need to work out their issues.

i was in a mood for mexican food so i drove to the closest one i could find. the cobra and the panther houses were pretty isolated from town and for good reason.

-

after i ordered at the cashier i sat a table and looked out the window as i waited for my order. i knew there was no way i could change mattia's mind but truthfully i was just scared for him.

"so she has a thing for mexican food."

him, again. "what, are you following me now?"

vincent laughed. "every time i approach you, you always reach for your weapon. one, i am not killing anyone in broad daylight, especially in public. two, i have no intention of killing you in general."

"i never know with you," i say. "and i don't trust you."

"fair enough," he sighs.

"you know you can take me down any time you want," i state. "so why don't you?"

"where's the fun in that?" he scoffs playfully. "perhaps i like the idea of you not knowing when i'm gonna strike. fear's a powerful thing you know?"

"are you attending the mafia ball?" i ask.

"it's my first ball in jersey, i wouldn't miss it," he smirks. "i like your ring. c'est beau comme toi. (french for it's beautiful like you) you weren't wearing it the last time i saw you."

"merci (thank you), i'll be wearing this everyday from now on," i look at my engagement ring.

vincent looks at me suspiciously but maintains a smile on his face. he could probably tell there's more to this ring then i'm leading on. "i don't suppose you've told your comrades about our encounter at the bar?"

"what's to tell? you were being annoying and a dick as usual," i respond. "nothing new."

he raises his eyebrow. "hm okay. have you thought more about my offer?"

"i stopped thinking about it the second i walked out the bar. i'm nothing like you and i'll never join you."

"don't deny it," said vincent. "over time you'll see. and i'll be waiting."

"number 72 and 73," the cashier called.

vincent and i both made our way to the counter to get our food.

"i hope you're not expecting another goodbye kiss," i say. "cause if you ever try something like that i'll break you arm. understand?"

"oui," he smiles. "see you at the ball."

mattia's pov

"can we talk about something," i ask alejandro.

"sure, what's up?"

"it's about y/n," i say awkwardly.

"i figured we'd have this conversation sooner or later," he said. "i told you at the restaurant that i'd never do that to you, and i mean it. trust me, you have nothing to worry about."

i nod. "i do trust you. it's just i love her a lot and i don't want there to be any complications."

"that's difference between you and me," alejandro says. "i'm not in love with her. yes maybe there were some feelings there but i could never love her the way you do."

i felt a lot better after his statement. the last thing i needed was to fight with my best friend about my fiancée.

"i'm gonna talk to kairi," i get up from my chair. "i need to apologize to him."

whenever kairi needed to blow off steam he'd always go to the punching bag in the training room. and i was right.

"hey kai," i step behind the punching bag.

"hey." he didn't look at me and continued punching.

"i know you're only worrying because you care about me," i begin. "even if i didn't show it back there i do appreciate it. i didn't mean for it to come out that way. i'm sorry."

"you'll never understand what it's like to think your best friend is dead. to think you'll never see him again," kairi was finally showing some emotion. "we all had to go a year without you. and that shit wasn't easy."

i look down. "i know. but it won't happen again."

"we don't know that," he replied.

"we don't," i agreed. "but we do whatever we can to prevent it." kairi finally stopped punching the bag and looked at me. "come on, help me train and get back into shape."

.