-72-

third person's pov

y/n was at the outdoor patio, leaning on the railing as she watched the waves crashed back down onto the shore. she let her tears flow down her cheek without making a sound, cause all she wanted to hear was the ocean.

"hey," she heard that deep voice of his.

she wiped her tears quickly before facing him. "hey, nice speech. it was heartwarming."

"all of this reminds you of your fiancé doesnt it?" mattia asked, walking next to her. "i'm sorry, i forgot about how this would make you feel."

"no it's fine," she sniffled. "just because i'm upset doesn't mean you have to be. i'm happy for you."

"come here." he pulled her into a hug and rest his chin on her head. "i know we just met, but for some reason seeing you sad doesn't sit right with me."

she laughed softly as more tears fell down her eyes, staining his shirt.

"i wanna show you something," mattia pulled away. "it's not far from here but we're gonna have to walk along the beach."

"sure," she smiled, taking off her heels so she can walk on sand.

(a/n: i was running from the cops once on the beach and let me tell you. it was in that moment i wish sand never existed. i hate walking and running on sand cause i hate slow walkers. sand turns me into a slow walker)

"and maybe you could tell me what happened to your fiancé when we get there?" he suggested. "if you wanna talk about it."

y/n sucked in a breath but complied. "yeah, okay."

mattia felt happy that she would open up to him about her life, the thing that caused her pain. he knew it wasn't easy, which is why he appreciated it so much.

-

the two of them walk on the wet part of the shore, letting the water hit their feet whenever a wave crashed down.

he looked over at her, seeing the dry tears on her cheek glisten a little from the moon light. what caught his attention next, was the locket again.

"where'd you say you got the locket from?" he asked, still curious about the symbol.

"it was a gift from my fiancée," y/n replied.

mattia studied the locket more.

"i got you something."

"what's the occasion?"

"for finally achieving peace between our mafias."

"you know, i have a watch with the same paw on the back of it," he told her. "do you know where your fiancé got it from?"

"no he never mentioned it," she answered.

"hm. you wanna explain to me how that symbol means 'peace' later?"

she cleared her throat. "uh yeah sure."

"i'm sorry if i'm asking you to tell me so much about yourself," he apologized. "it's just that you look like a girl with so many secrets."

"you're kinda right about that one."

they continued walking and talking, soon forgetting about everything else. to y/n it was nothing new, they had talks like all the time. but to mattia, it felt like experiencing a different feeling. he felt free when he was with her.

"we're here," he stopped a random spot.

she looked around, not seeing anything out of the ordinary. "where exactly?"

"this is where lena found me," he says. "this is where my new life began."

"i can't imagine how you must've felt," said y/n. "not knowing who you are, where you came from."

"yeah, it was scary. i had no choice but to start over," he added. "and maybe that's what you need, to start over."

starting over was a scary thought to her and it was something she didn't wanna do but what if she had no choice either? "i can't start over. i didn't become what i am right now just to go back to square one."

"i know it's hard but it might make you feel better than you think," he advises. "are you cold?" y/n didn't even notice she was shivering until he asked. "here, take my coat."

"it's fine," she declined, but his coat was already off before she finished her sentence. "or not."

"just take it," he urges.

while she was putting on his coat, mattia walked up the shore a little more so can sit on the dry sand. she adjusted her outfit then sat down besides him.

sitting with y/n at the beach felt so familiar to him but he kept his mouth shut, not wanting to weird her out.

"will you be my girlfriend for 3 weeks?"

"i'd love to be your girlfriend for 3 weeks."

"so are you gonna tell me about your fiancé now?" mattia reminded her.

she nodded, preparing to tell him the whole truth. within in the next couple minutes, she could either have him back, or lose him all over again.

"i met my fiancé at a club. he was actually my boss but that clearly didn't stop anything from happening."

"how'd you guys get with each other?"

"he kidnap- we started spending a lot of time together and i fell for him. then i found out he lied to me about something big and i hated him. and i wasn't the only one either. my dad and his dad have been fighting since birth so he did what he could to make me stay away from my fiancé."

"i'm guess that didn't stop you guys either?"

"nope," she shook her head. "for weeks we secretly met up with each other and the next thing you know, i fell in love with him."

"how'd your dad feel about that?"

"he died actually," y/n said. "but he died giving us his approval."

"oh my god, im so sorry," mattia frowned. "what happened after?"

"the thing is that i only met my dad after i met my fiancé. i grew up without parents and now they're permanently gone. so when he died, it felt like i just met him, only to lose him. his death hit me hard but my fiancé was why i got through it."

"and then he proposed?"

"yeah, on my birthday," y/n smiles. "it was the happiest day of my life."

"and you guys never officially got married because something happened to him.. what happened?"

"one day, we were on a boat, traveling to the UK," y/n continued," and i was suppose to meet him for dinner on the top deck that night but i never did because.. someone stabbed him and threw him off board."

"holy shit," mattia gasped silently. "i'm sorry, that's just a tragic death."

"yeah, or so thought," she says. "but he didn't actually die."

"he survived that? where is he now?"

"i found out a year later that he washed up on shore of france," her voice was trembling. "and he lost his memory."

"wait-"

"so you can imagine my reaction when i walked into an italian restaurant seeing him walking right in front of me, but looked right past me because he didn't remember who his own fiancée was."

mattia was breathing heavily staring at her while she looked at him with tears back in her eyes again.

(a/n: the next chapter. THE NEXT CHAPTER made me a little bit sad and i never get sad 😣

judging by the way i talk and act, make assumptions about me)

.