-15-

mattia's pov

"what's up mar?" i speak into the phone. 

"i heard rumors that another gang was planning on ambushing your warehouse tomorrow morning," he says. "just thought i'd give you a heads up." 

"idiots," i mumble. "alright thank you mariano. you going to the mafia ball tomorrow night right?"

"yeah, you bringing a date?"

"uh, i don't know," i answer. i didn't want to give y/n up for 9 million anymore but i was planning on talking about that with xavier at the ball. "is that all?"

"yeah that's all, stay safe bro," mariano tells me. 

"thanks you too." i hang up the phone and put it on the counter. 

"well?" zoey asks. 

"he informed me that some gang's trying to ambush our warehouse tomorrow morning," i say. "tell our soldiers to be prepared, we'll take them down before they can even step foot in the facility." 

"finally, some action," she smiles. "and why were you kissing our hostage in the pool?"

"when are you gonna learn that what i do, doesn't concern you," i sigh.

"it concerns me because i don't want my boss, the person who gives us orders and is in charge of keeping us alive, to go soft for some chick," she crosses her arms. 

"i'm not going soft, i'm just playing nice with her right now so she doesn't suspect anything," i lie. 

"so we're still asking xavier for that $9 million right?" 

i gulp. "course we are. i don't see a reason on why not." 

"great just making sure." zoey gives me a fake, polite smile before walking away.

"can we work on the techniques now?" y/n asks as she walks into the house. 

"yeah just put your hair into a bun or something cause it's still wet," i advise. 

"why'd you have to throw me in," she whines. "i'm gonna smell like chlorine now." 

"suck it up and go change," i point to the bathroom. 

-

"okay we'll start with the basics," i tell her. "put your arms like this." i grab her arms and arrange them in the proper stance position. "when you punch, you have to make sure you keep your arm strong and steady. don't strike weakly." 

after a while, i go behind her and place my hands on her waist. she was wearing a sports bra and leggings so my bare contact made her jump a little. 

"engage your hips," i whisper into her ear. her neck was right in front of lips, i couldn't help but lean forward a little bit. 

"is this you giving me advice," she asks as i plant kisses down her neck. "are you suppose to kiss your victims before punching them?" 

a smile forms on my face. "let's take a break." i snake my arms fully around her waist and pull her closer to my body. 

"nooo," she objects. "i wanna keep going."

"come on." 

"mattia, no." she pulls away and walks towards the punching bad. "let's just continue." 

kairi's pov

"hey zoey," i greet her as i walk into the house. "where's mattia?"

" 'training' with our hostage," she replies. "what is he even training her for?"

"i guess she wanted to learn how to defend herself," i shrug. "what's that look for? you got something on your mind?" 

"he's getting nicer and softer ever since she came here," said zoey. "i dont like it. this not how the capo of the panthers is suppose to act." 

"mattia just made me do 20 deliveries right now-- he's definitely not nice to me," i say. "and alejandro's doing 20 more." 

"i saw them kissing in the pool," she mentions. "and i have feeling he's gonna change his mind about selling y/n back to xavier-- he probably wants to keep her." 

"keep her? she's not some puppy, he can't just keep her-- he knows that." 

"you might wanna double check kairi. i know you see him changing. he's not worthy of being capo anymore," zoey raises her voice. 

"we dedicated our life to being loyal to him," i remind her. "soft or not, he's our capo, our leader, we do what he says. nothing more, nothing less. i trust mattia's judgement and i trust him with my life." 

"maybe that's where you make a mistake," she whispers. "whatever, the sooner this girl leaves, the better. i mean that's only if  leaves."

"everything okay here?" a voice appears from afar. 

"hey mattia," i smile. "yeah everything's fine-- finish doing all those damn deliveries you made me do." 

mattia's pov

"great," i answer. "kairi can you go give y/n some advice on her punching in the gym please? she needs a second opinion." 

"sure." kairi he walks to the direction of the training room and disappears around the corner. 

"zoey can you come up with me to the bedroom real quick?" i ask her, smirking. 

"oh, sure," she smiles. 

the both of us walk up the stairs and head into my room, so i close the door behind us, making sure no one will hear this. 

"finally." zoey takes off her jacket but i push against the wall with my forearm at her throat. 

"you do not go talking to my right hand man, questioning my authority," i growl.  

"m-mattia," she tries pulling my arm away. 

"sorry, am i being too soft?" i apply more pressure to her throat. "do not forget your place. i'm your capo, your purpose is to please me and respect my decisions, no matter what it is. i'll kiss whoever i want, i'll train whoever i want. i already told you i'm going to hand her over to xavier and i will do just that. let me worry about it. this has nothing to do with you understand?"

zoey nods and i release my grip. 

"do not ever try and challenge me again," i say walking to my door. "or i'll kill you."

.