-12-

y/n's pov

"are you okay?" kairi asks me as soon as we get home. 

"yeah just a little shaken up," i laugh lightly. 

"hey kairi," a female voice appears. 

"hey zoey," he sighs. "we ran into some trouble earlier today at the mall." 

"you good," she questions. kairi nodded and then she looked over at me. "who's this?"

"xavier's ex," kairi said. "we're kinda holding her hostage here for a while."

"since do we take our hostages shopping?" she crosses her arms. 

"i don't fucking know ask mattia," he scoffs. 

"ask mattia what?" he walks in the living room. 

"why i'm a personal shopper now fuckhead," said kairi. "also three people tried to kill y/n and i today."

"what?" his eyes immediately shoot to me. "are you okay?" 

"i'm fine," i answer. "thanks to kairi." 

"so now you're okay with me killing people huh?" he throws a pillow at me. 

"okay well if it's my life on the line.." i joke. 

"how long is she gonna be here for?" zoey asks. 

mattia sits down near me. "until i say so. y/n did you buy a lot of stuff."

"yeah kinda," i admit. "thank you for paying." 

"the least i can do for making you stay here against your will," he shrugs. 

"it doesn't look like she minds staying here," zoey mumbles. 

"kinda rather be at home, but i'm getting more comfortable here," i say. "unless of course, you're still threatening to kill me."

"you're behaving better than yesterday so currently you get to live," mattia smiles. 

"oh i kinda wanna talk to you about something," i tell him. "privately."

"you heard the lady," mattia shouts. "clear the room." all the soldiers and kairi exit the living room but zoey rolls her eyes before following them. "what's up?"

"well after being kidnapped by you and almost by three other men today, i kinda wanna learn how to defend myself." 

"and you want me to teach you?" he asks. 

"yeah if you don't mind. kinda figured you're the best one here," i mention. 

he chuckles. "flattered you think that but kairi alejandro and i are all about the same. we've trained together our entire lives so i learn what they learn."

"can i learn what you've learned?"

he takes a deep breath before answering me. "okay fine. but you have to listen to me and do what i say. no arguing, no resisting, no questioning my actions." 

"i will do everything you tell me to," i assure him. "can we start tomorrow?"

"yeah sure," he says.

-

it was still a little early after i showered, so i didn't go to sleep right away. i went downstairs and myself some tea then went to the balcony to stare at the view. 

"not tired yet?" mattia comes from behind me. 

"it's only 10pm," i say. "i'll go sleep in a bit." 

we both lean on the stone barrier, and stare into the distance. i looked over a little at mattia and saw the moon gleam his hit face, exposing his perfect features. 

mattia's pov

i didn't say anything but i saw y/n stare at me from the corner of my eye. she had such a calm expression on her face like she wasn't scared of me anymore. 

"you're staring at the wrong view," i finally say. "but i don't mind." 

"don't get too cocky now," she rolls her eyes. 

a cold breeze passed by and she shivers a little bit because she was only wearing short sleeves and shorts. 

"are you cold?" i walk over to her. 

"not really," she answers. 

"i can see the goosebumps on your arms." i walk inside to get a small blanket and wrap it around her while hugging her from behind at the same time. to my surprise she didn't push me away. her head tilts back and lays on my shoulder. "someone's getting comfortable with me." 

"you're warm," y/n mumbles in a cute tone. i snake my arms around her waist and rest my chin on her head. "are you gonna keep me here forever?" 

"no," i say in a happy tone so it'll make her stay in a better mode. "not forever." 

"i don't know how to go back to living my normal life every this," she sighs. 

"don't think about that right now," i advise. we continue staring at the view until out of nowhere, these words escape from my mouth. "the things i wanna do to you right now." 

she turns around slowly and looks at me then her eyes travel down to my lips. oh don't give me that look. i found myself leaning in-- our lips were centimeters away. 

"what's going on?" 

y/n and i jump back and saw zoey by the doorway. 

"nothing," i wipe my nose. "you should go to sleep now y/n." 

"yeah you're right," she nods. "goodnight guys." 

"night."

y/n walks pass zoey and disappears around the corner. 

"this has to be a joke," zoey scoffs. "you're not falling for the enemy's ex girlfriend are you?" 

"that's none of your business," i reply harshly. 

zoey walks up to me. "what's your plan with her then?"

"planning to make $9 mill off of her." 

"you think xavier will pay $9 mill for her?" she raises her eyebrows. 

i would. "that's what i'm hoping for." 

out of nowhere, she places her hand on my waist. "can i sleep in your room tonight?" zoey tip toes and starts kissing my neck. 

"zoey," i push her off. "it was a one time thing." 

"what's one more gonna hurt?" 

"i'm still your boss," i remind her. "there are 15 bedrooms in this house. go pick one that's not mine." i shove past her and walk away. 

y/n's pov

i realized tonight that mattia did have a soft spot for me and that benefits me in many ways. i'm going to make him fall for me harder so that he'll finally let me go, and i'll never have to see him again. 

.