-52-

y/n's pov

after a couple hours i left mattia's house and went home, thinking more about what i should do. hector was still here with a few other cobras in the office room talking about the next steps we should take.

"where'd you go?" hector asked.

"i went to... mattia's house," i answered. the room went silent. "that's also something i need to talk to you guys about." everyone waited patiently for me to continue speaking. "I don't want to keep fighting with the panthers. I want a change, i want peace. i'm sure many of us are tired of the fighting and the bad blood that's been going on for years." 

"you want some sort of alliance with the panthers?" said bryan. bryan was one of the most respected soldiers in our division. he and my dad were great friends and i knew my dad trusted him with his life. 

"yes, that's correct," i confirm. "it'd be good for us-- all of us." 

"are you sure you're not just saying this because you're in love with the capo of the panthers?" another soldier asked. "as our leader, you can't lead with your emotions."

"the panthers also killed my mother," i remind them. "i think i am more than capable of separating my emotions with business." the soldier stayed quiet. "i'm doing this so that we don't have to lose anymore lives to them. mattia and i are the future of our people. i want peace."

"and what about the kingston's?" the soldier asked. "do you want peace with them too?"

"i'm willing to consider that option, after we kill xavier. once they get a new capo maybe things can be different," i respond. 

"an alliance with the panthers wont end well."

"she's our donna," bryan cut in. "as along as you work under her roof, you will respect her decision. colin (y/n's dad) never tried to achieve peace because he put his emotions first. and as great as a leader he was, that was his one flaw." bryan looked at me an approval nod. "i don't want to fight the panthers anymore either."

"as for xavier, we'll find him," i add. "mattia's group are doing the best they can to locate him too." 

"it's not you i don't trust," the solider said to me. "it's the panthers."

"mattia's had plenty of opportunities to kill y/n," says hector. "if he truly wanted a war, trust me we'd be in one right now. but whatever your decision is, i'll follow you."

i smile at him. "the same people in this room right now are going to meet up with the panthers tomorrow to discuss about this alliance more." there were about 3 people in this room and all of them nodded. "great. let's just call it a night then. hector tell avani she's coming with us too."

third person's pov

the next day

y/n and the cobras arrived at mattia's house where they walked right through the front door and headed to his office. the awkward tension was every in the room but eventually, they all sat down at the long table and waited for their leaders to begin talking. 

"we're all here right now because we want peace," mattia spoke. "and on behalf on the panthers, we'll do our part to make sure that happens." 

"as in we will try and get along with each other as best as we can," y/n added. "you don't have to like them, but at least do your part to stay out of trouble with each other. there will no more cobras killing panthers from this day forward."

"and what if one our people break those rules?" avani asks. 

"if a panther breaks those rules then they'll answer to me," mattia nodded. "i'll take care of it."

"i think we can learn a lot from each other," y/n said. 

"i also think we should work together to look for xavier," kairi suggested. 

"yeah i agree," avani smiled. 

"in mean time i think we should also talk about what we should do to take down xavier," hector advises. "come up with different strategies." 

"since you guys know a lot more about the kingstons it'll make this a lot easier," alejandro responded.

both mattia and y/n were really nervous for this meeting but everyone seemed to respect everything that was going on. it took a lot for mattia to keep a straight face because after years of fighting, it might all come to an end. 

(a/n: i'm thinking about the ending of the book right now and let me tell you it gmfu. imma update again later)

.