-22-

y/n's pov

my heart drops.

"you can't ever believe them y/n," my dad says. "they're the reason i lost the love of my life, the reason why you'll never be able to get to know your mother."

"h-how do i even know what you're saying is the truth?" i ask. "how do i know you're actually my dad?"

"if what i say next doesn't assure you enough then we'll get a DNA test," he tells me. "turn around?"

"what?"

"turn around, let me see your back," he orders. "if you have that a little star birthmark that i remember you have, then you are for sure my daughter."

i gulp and drop my mouth slightly. "i h-have it."

"i wanna see it anyway," he smiles. "if that's okay with you."

hesitantly, i turn around to let him have a good look.

"it's adorable," i hear him say. "i know this must be hard for you, but i truly am sorry i left you alone for all these years. i uhm, i have some videos your mother pre recorded while she was still pregnant with you. they're in your room upstairs."

"my room?"

"it was suppose to be your room, but you never got the chance to ever see it," he frowns. "now you can." i follow him up the stairs and down the hall to a door with a little star on it. he slowly opens the door, revealing a simple bedroom yet it meant so much more knowing it's suppose to be mine. "i hope you like it."

i walk over to the nightstand and saw a portrait of my mom holding me in her arms on a hospital bed with my dad standing right besides her. "that's my mom?" he nods. "she's beautiful."

"she was the prettiest woman i've ever laid my eyes on," my dad says. "that's one of the many things you have in common with her. your beauty." i stare at the picture of her smiling down at me when i was a baby. "there's nothing i can do to make up for lost time, but i wanna try my best to build a relationship with you-- only if you're willing to."

"i don't know," i mumble. "this is all just way too much. literally yesterday i was just with mattia and-"

"mattia belongs with the panthers," my dad interrupts me. "you have cobra blood in you."

"that doesn't mean anything to me," i say. "cobra, panthers, whoever we are, i care about mattia."

"he's a liar y/n. he knew about your identity, he knew that his family killed your mother," my dad tells me. "his dad knew about my name, so mattia must've known too."

"what? i thought you said no one knew. "

"when mattia's dad went to italy, i thought my identity would be safe but he had to have told his son. except his son isn't smart enough to ever take me down, or connect the dots," said my dad. "if he really cared about you, he would've told you all those things."

i sit down on my bed and just stare at the wall.

"there's a camera over there on the desk. it has the videos your mother made for you, you should watch them." he walks to the door. "i'll let you rest and we can talk more tomorrow. goodnight y/n, i love you."

"night," i whisper.

after i change out of my dress, i grab the camera and lay down on my bed. it took me a while, but i managed to press play and watch the first video she made. her laugh and voice was so pure, she talked with such ease.

"... i can't wait to meet you y/n," she smiles. "then we can team up against your father."

"that's not fair," i hear him say. my mom turns the camera to him. "i'm gonna get more male soldiers, i refuse to live in a house where females will take over."

my mom laughs. "that's your dad, big bad cobra. honestly i don't see why people are so scared of him." i laugh with her and realize how similar our laughs are. a pillow flew into the frame and hits on her the head. "your father is a child. i would be a better boss."

he sits down next to my mom and kisses her on the side of the head. "you already are the boss of me so technically you're the boss of the cobras." i can see the love in his eyes when he look at her.

"so y/n, this us, your parents, but you'll already know that once you meet us in a couple months. i can't wait to watch you grow up." the tears return because she never did get to see me grow up. "always remember, family is everything. we love you, y/n price."

.